Official Community Forums Home

Romance Ideas If You Have Any?

Sailor Girl

• Members

Hi all. I've just got your run of the mill sheets on here. I thought it would be nice to buy a set that will be good for when my boyfriend stops by sometimes after work. I thought about silk but they're expensive and difficult to clean. Also, color and blind girl don't go together to well, smile. sorry I can't use the graphical smiles. Anyway if anyone has any ideas for fabrics that would feel nice, he can see, and a color I'm interested. Hope this is ok to post here, I doublechecked.

later,Siobhan

• Members

Personally, I think that silk and satin sheets are WAY overrated! You slip and slide WAY to much. I think a nice, soft set of Egyptian cotton is the way to go. A high thread count - the higher the better - and get matching everything. I am sure someone can help with that for you!

In the winter I LOVE flannel sheets! They are soft, and WARM - super cozy for snuggling. Honestly though, my hubby and I spend more time OUTSIDE the sheets then between them. LOL

Have fun shopping!

Mikayla

• Members

:) During the winter months flannel sheets are wonderful. They are soft and extremely snuggly, on my bed my sheets are a black and purple set up, they are a Egyptian cotton and sooo nice. To make it nice you can also interchange for colors I am sure you have a friend that can help you with this. For exsample, my bed sham is black, fitted sheet is purple, top sheet black, comforter is purple and one of the pillow cases is black and one purple, now I bet you can guess what my favorite color is. :lol: I have also found that if you get your basic sheets with a high thread count they really aren't to bad either as long as they are 100percent cotton since alot of the basic sheets also have other materials besides cotton.

As far as the silk, I bought one set and my SO hated it. He stuck to it like glue :lol: since he is in construction he isn't the sofest man. :)

Also, for a touch of romance, rose petals and candles work wonders!!

The bedroom should be neat and tidy, with a pleasant smell like potporri or candles is nice too. Less distracting as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I love the jersy cotton sheets, they are supper soft and usually fit nice and snug on the bed, I hate sheets that ripple and bunch. As far as colors go I think red and black are very sexy colors. One trick to keet the bed smelling fresh is to put an un used fabric softener sheet in the pillow casr does wonders.