Official Community Forums Home

Masks?

Tyger

So, during this COVID-19 stuff, are you wearing a mask/face covering when you go out in public?

Does your area require you to do so?

Have you made your own?

My mother and I started getting into a debate because, here in the county I live in, masks/face coverings are required, or you can face a fine of up to $1000 if you're in public. What do you think?

• Members

I've been wearing masks when I go into you various large stores. Not required here. My wife has made ours. Recently I went into a crowded fishing supply store and I was the only one wearing a mask. I felt uncomfortable and left.

• Members

We are required to wear masks here and my wife made some.  The homemade variety of mask is to protect everyone else, not the wearer since the virus is in the water droplets you expel when talking, sneezing, or coughing.  A simple fabric mask can trap those droplets to stop them from spreading.  It is simple common courtesy to wear a mask because this virus is so infectious and you can have it without knowing it.  Frankly, our society could benefit from everyone showing a little more common courtesy.

At first it was a little awkward simply because we are not used to wearing them but now it is easier.  BTW, you don't breath carbon monoxide when wearing a mask unless it is made from some material that should not be used.  I think M1959P meant to say carbon dioxide which is what you exhale.  Those with breathing problems might have an issue wearing a mask that makes it a little tougher to inhale or from breathing more carbon dioxide.

• Members

We are required to wear masks in the stores, and I do so.  Homemade (wife did the stitchin').  I do not wear one outside, away from people.  I can't see a benefit to that, and I would really bristle if that were the law of the land.