Official Community Forums Home

What Should I Get My Wife...?

Patris

She is quite timid when it comes to sex toys, her mother pretty much beat it into her head that masturbation is a horrid thing and should never be done. Well that was years ago, and I've been trying to get my wife to get a little more interested in sex. It isnt exactly the easiest thing I have done, she is quite stubborn. So about a year ago, I had an idea, I got her to go to a adult store with me to pick up some lube and condoms or whatever, then I saw a "grab bag" and thought maybe the stuff inside would pique her interest... it sort of worked and I got her to use a sex toy for the first time, trouble is, the toy isnt a nice one at all, just a small piece of plastic with a weak motor and all that not so great stuff.

My question is, since I got her to finally open up, she says "They're your sex toys, because you like using them on me more than I like using them." but that is totally not the case, she has an orgasm every time I either watch her use it or use it on her myself...

First question: Why wont she admit she likes it? Could she still be hung up on her mothers words from over 10 years ago?

Second question: If I get her a new toy to hopefully open her eyes a little more, what would be the best thing?

• Members

Phoenix,

first of all welcome to the forums there is always a lot of information here for everyone. Any question you have is sure to be answered with a lot of helpful information.

To answer your questions, masterbation has always been look down on like it is a horrible thing for a woman to do. Most mothers don't even talk to their daughters about masterbation. So like your wife we are totally clueless and may think it is something totally taboo. I felt the same way for many years, that is until I met my second husband. He slowly showed me that is there is a whole different side of sex that I never knew existed. I never owned a vibrator until I was 31, and in the beginning I couldn't use it myself only he could use the vibrator on me. It was a very basic purple slimline model and not a very good product. The motor was slow, it was very hard and I didn't really like it. Then he showed me the different kind of vibrators that are on the market when we went to an adult toy store and I was totally surprised by the variety. Once I realized how hot it made him just to see me in the store and how he couldn't wait to get home to try out the toys that we purchased it made me want to explore my own sexuality a little more. With every toy we bought I became a little more daring and my HB knew how much I enjoyed them. I always had an orgasm with every toy but some are better than others. So give your wife time to explore her own sexuality and reap all the benefits. Try new things and show her that masterbation is really about knowing herself and is never a bad thing.

As for what kind of toys are good for beginners:

A perfect kit that includes a lot of different toys without spending a lot of money is:

The Clear Carnal Knowledge Collection

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=5039

If you are looking for a standard vibrator that has a little more power and softer

Fun Factory Stranger Vibe

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=5089

If you are looking for a dual action vibe then I would suggest

Rascal Rabbit with tickler

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=4990

The last one would be an egg/bullet which can be placed anywhere on the body

The Space Explorer 5X Bullet

These are some of the toys that I have reviewed and have found to be very good for the price. There are reviews by others on here as well and I think they are all helpful. I hope this helps you on your search.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Katrina

• Members

Well, Coupleofmaniacs has really given you some great advice as well as suggestions! You just need for your wife to understand that in the olden times, sex toys were not as prevalent as they are now - and her mother probably was either a strict Catholic or was told by HER parents that sex toys are for perverts. We all know here, that is just not true!

Try to get her into the idea that toys are for mutual pleasure - not just for masturbation. Tell her that you want her to feel good, and get to know her pleasure better. You are married - and that is OK to do.

Look at all the suggestions that you have above - the Fun Factory toys are specifically good choices for newbies because they are non-phallic and cute - yes cute - so they are not intimidating to new comers!

Good luck and have FUN!

Mikayla