Official Community Forums Home

The garden bed

Kinky Twinkie

• Members

Anyone into gardening? I live in florida and we get down and dirty gardening year round. For me I into ediables.  It very relaxing and meditative.  Cucumbers are my wifes faverite and I like herbs.  What in your garden? 

Edited by Kinky Twinkie
spice it up some
  • Like 1

If it's gardening, like for veggies, I never have had any luck. I can kill a spider plant, but can grow roses decently. It's weird.

Where we are, it's either gumbo mud, or too dry.

I've kinda given up with the gardening thing.

Maybe when I move back to my homestate, in my own place, I'll feel more like gardening.

I have planted a few tropical plants, with some great success. 

Honestly, I'm more into decorating. But I do love plants.

• Members
2 hours ago, Tyger said:

If it's gardening, like for veggies, I never have had any luck. I can kill a spider plant, but can grow roses decently. It's weird.

Maybe when I move back to my homestate, in my own place, I'll feel more like gardening.

2 hours ago, Tyger said:

spider plants are hard to kill. Try a water garden. Get ya some  water water hyacinth stick in a pretty container that holds water  and just keep water in it. I have a few around the garden and my dog drinks out of the containers. He hardly comes inside ( his choice not mine) 

• Members
1 hour ago, michelleddd said:

Tomatoes, cukes, peppers, garlic. Starting to get colder at night, the tomatoes are almost done thank god I’ve put up quite a few. Will be tearing it down soon. 

which state you live in? I in 9A and 9B of northeast florida. we can grow most of that til the freezes arrive .  My sister in law started a youtube channel called flip garden. I suppose to get some videos done to send her so she can add it to her episodes

• Members
18 minutes ago, Kinky Twinkie said:

which state you live in? I in 9A and 9B of northeast florida. we can grow most of that til the freezes arrive .  My sister in law started a youtube channel called flip garden. I suppose to get some videos done to send her so she can add it to her episodes

Midwest.  That’s cool @ the videos.  

• Members
1 minute ago, michelleddd said:

Midwest.  That’s cool @ the videos.  

I dont know how it works but I guess I find out when I send her something

• Members

(253) Flip Gardens Journey - YouTube

Flip garden Journey on youtube. She older then she looks. 8 kids three grand kids. I have no idea how she does it. I will be making some occasional appearences . Proud of my sister in law 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 9/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, Kinky Twinkie said:

Anyone into gardening? I live in florida and we get down and dirty gardening year round. For me I into ediables.  It very relaxing and meditative.  Cucumbers are my wifes faverite and I like herbs.  What in your garden? 

Watermelon and cucumber, fucked the neighbors watermelon day before harvesting

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Going to build me a garden bed for pumpkins. Just gathering materials and laying it out

20220421_073430.jpg

• Members

• Members

Carpenter bees are nasty. They eat decks. Hard to get rid of. If you know of a remedy to remedy to get rid of them I’d love please tell me.☀️

• Members
1 hour ago, Lonely and divorced said:

Carpenter bees are nasty. They eat decks. Hard to get rid of. If you know of a remedy to remedy to get rid of them I’d love please tell me.☀️

Hello, there is a spray/additive you can purchase at your local paint store that keeps them away from whatever wood 🪵 you put it on. It’s not cheap but it’s less costly than replacing decks. Hope this helps 

• Members

Thank you so much!!  Have a good day.☀️