Official Community Forums Home

Metal Toys

• Members

I react to certain metals, such as watch backs and some earrings. I have started to have burning and a rash, particularly after I use my silver bullet and a metal g-spot vibe I have (not purchased here). Does this sound like a reaction to the metal?

• Members

Thanks, Howard. I have had severe reactions to metals before, especially nickel. I also react to the hand soap the hospital I work at uses. I guess I didn't think about the metal in the toys causing a reaction. I will be much more careful from now on!

• Members

If you are looking for a bullet that is not metal, try the plastic coated ones - or the jelly ones. That would help you NOT to have a reaction, which you definitely are!

Good luck!

Mikayla

• Members

Thank you both for your help. I do have plastic bullets. I will just use them. Any ideas of what might help this heal? The cream I use for the other reactions are for external use only. Since this is on my inner labia, I'm not comfortable using this cream there. A warm bath or hot towel seem to be the only thing I've found that gives any relief.

After working at a jewelry counter for a few years, I saw a bunch of reactions to jewelry. Mostly to the costume stuff, since it has a lot of nickel in it, which is what most people are allergic too. Some few are even allergic to rodium, the strengthener for gold, although it's more rare. One person was even allergic to sterling silver, his body actually eating away the finish

If you have any sort of allergic reaction to metal, please take care in your toy purchases, for the reactions will probably be a bit worse, since you're dealing with extrememly sensitive skin. Avoid any metalic looking toys, even coated with a silver finish.

If you're able to clear it up by the warm water soaks, stick with that. If you can take something OTC for allergies too, that may help. But since we're talking *down there*, then it may take a bit longer to heal than say a bad reaction to a necklace.

If the problem persists, I would call your doctor. Trust me when I say most doctors have heard so many things happening, it's very hard to shock one! Don't be shy about it, that's why they get paid the big bucks!! ;)

• Members

I DO react strongly to most costume jewelry. I even had a pair of earrings that were supposed to be gold once. The "gold" plating flaked off inside my ears! :blink:

Anyway, I appreciate all of the help. I am new to toys, so this has been a real experience for me. I have been going to my doctor for over 17 years, but this is a small town with some very strong opinions, so I am reluctant to call him if I don't have to.

Again, thanks to all for your advice. After a week, I think it is finally starting to heal.