Official Community Forums Home

Sex During Pregnancy

Kinky Twinkie

• Members

My wife and I are now into our 7th month and having trouble with intercourse since many of the positions seemt o be very uncomfortable for her and I. Anyone here have any recommendations to their favorite positions. We bought the liberator wedge combo hoping that would help but it dosnt seem to at this point. The baby is now starting to show and he moves around abit. We not scared about hurting him, we know he pretty safe but the body changing is limiting what we can do and we want to continue to enjoy our faverite past time.

Glenn

• Members

When I was pregnant, each time the only positions that were comfortable for me were, the "spooning" position, and Id get into doggy style, hands and knees, and put a pillow or blanket under my belly to support it, when I was further along and had a big bulge. Anything else was very uncomfortable. Hope that helps a little. :)

-Sylvina

Well first I would recommend her talking to her OB/GYN first, making sure that there are no problems. Sex during pregnancy is normal and fine in healthy pregnancies, which I am assuming you're having.

As far as comfort, the baby has been moving around for several months, which, at first, can be kinda weird feeling for the mother, and more and more visible on the outside as well. Your wife is getting bigger, and that will cause stress on her back, sometimes legs, ankles, hips. Her breasts will probably getting more tender too.

I got fairly big with my pregnancy, and as mentioned before, the only positions that were truly comfortable for me (I have a really bad back too), was also spooning or my hubby on top. Anything else caused A LOT of discomfort at the angles and different areas of pressure. Pillows underneath my lower back, and sometimes hips, helped a lot during sex, and just at rest as well.

It should go back to normal, once the baby is here, and she has been cleared by her OB/GYN to resume sexual intercourse, which is normally 6 weeks after giving birth.

Good luck, and congrats on the upcoming baby!!!

• Members

When I was pregnant there were a few positions that worked well for us. Spooning, doggy, me on top, and me on the edge of the bed with my legs on hubbys shoulders, while he stood on the floor(this is still one of our faves!). Hope this helps!

• Members

I'm also six months pregnant and, like everyone else, have only been successful with spooning and rear entry with me leaning over the side of the bed, propped up with pillows. In all honesty, I kind of figure that sex during the last trimester is mostly about learning adaptability and relying on our sense of humor! Good luck in your, um, endeavors and congratulations on your baby! It's so trite, but really true--your life will never be the same again. Our daughter has brought so much joy to our lives (plus some sleepless nights, worries, and frustrations) and we're looking forward to learning from this next little guy too. Again, congratulations.

• Members

Congrats, we are also pregnant (about four months) and if memory serves me, one of our favorite positions by that point was her on her side, me on my knees with one of her legs wrapped around me. Not only did this help relieve the pressure on her (she is free to put pillows about anywhere that makes her comfortable), but it also allowed me to still get deep, thrusting strokes. As an added bonus, I got to enjoy her ass a lot! If you're in the seventh month and her OB/GYN hasn't told you NOT to have sex, there is no concern as far as hurting the baby. It may feel strange to get an elbow poking you in the side at just the wrong moment, but keep your sense of humor and just have fun! Remember she is probably feeling VERY insecure about her body, so make sure you tell her just how sexy and beautiful she is - I can't remember ever being more turned on by my wife than when she's pregnant! She doesn't understand it, but she knows I'm not lying by that crazy look in my eye! :blink:

Sorry to write a book - again congrats, and if I encounter another position that works well for us, I'll be sure to pass it on! :P

• Members

Welcome to Too Timid!!! First of please make sure you check with your DR to make sure that it is still okay by him to have sex. As a mother of 5 children and each pregnancy being different in their own ways. I can tell you that when the baby seem to be sitting low I would turn on my left side with a pillow tucked under my stomach and let him enter me from behind. That seemed to be the best position for awhile. Doggy Style was great to if I tuck a pillow under my tummy for support.

Congratulations!! Wish you the best with your new baby.

• Members

Sex during pregnancy is 100% safe - IF you are having no bleeding, contractions, pain, etc. Otherwise, sex is actually good for you. It stretches the muscles and relaxes you, plus you will be getting some mild exerise.

There are many positions good for pregnant women in various stages. I too enjoyed the doggy style with pillows propped underneath my growing belly. Spooning is not my favorite, but it can work. If you are flexible, man on top can work just fine with a small pillow under your rump.

Now, if you are not showing too much and can manage it, there are 2 more positions that may help. Try the "X" factor. For this you will have to lower yourself onto your partner, but then you slowly recline until you are lying down with your feet by his head. You then just hold hands and grind. This is a great, easy, comfortable position for pregnanct women and it is great for orgasms!

Or, you can try "the FLower Press" - which is a little easier to get into. The woman lies on her back and allows the man to penetrate her – as in missionary position – but after penetration has been achieved, she then raises her legs up and back, until they are either a) on his shoulders or B) on his chest. The man is kneeling up against her and uses her thighs for support and conversely, she can grab onto his hips to help bring him into her. This position allows for extreme penetration and his pelvic arch is against her clitoral area. It also provides a nice rubbing against the top of the vaginal wall because of the height of the man compared to the woman – which is what stimulates the G-Spot.

What is neat about this position is, it also stretches your legs and gets you ready for that pushing during childbirth!

So, I hope these suggestions help! Congratulations, good luck, and I am so glad you are still enjoying sex while you are pregnant!!!

Mikayla

• Members

CONGRADULATION ON THE NEW BABY!

The position Mikayla just said work well for me i didnt know the name at the time or even if it had a name :lol: it just work out so wonderful for us(THANKS MIKAYLA :lol: ) Spooning and all the other positions where fine until my last 3mos and that s when we started The flower press :lol: and that work very well so enjoy be careful and have fun

• Members

I thank everyone for the suggestions, in fact we made love trying what I think was the X factor which we some how managed to get into accidently a few hours ago. It worked great. If it wasn't the x factor, it was damn close from the discription.

As we found ourselfs in it I got to thinking about ya'll and what ya'll posted, eer I hope my wife dosn't come here and see this scentence(LOL). The thought I was thinking about ya'll while doing her may get me in a heap of trouble. On the other hand I sure could use a good spanking.

Maybe be a great time to go wake up the wife now that I think about it and go another round.....

Glenn