Official Community Forums Home

Bondage Gifts?

shytigress09

• Members

I'm thinking about buying my bf a couple bondage related gifts for our one year (on the 23rd). He's always talking about handcuffing me and he knows I'm interested but he's never done it. Now today we were talking about it and I said that I didn't think he'd actually do it and that he was just joking around (he's said he's not into any bondage), but he says that he would... if he had handcuffs. So I started thinking about him some restraints for an anniversary gift (is that weird? lol) and have them sent to him at school (I wish I could see the look on his face when he opens the package!), but I'm not sure if handcuffs are a good choice... I've read Mikayla's review on Japanese Bondage Rope so I was thinking about that. Any other ideas?

~Tiger

• Members

there are lots of thing you can go with, this month they have a new set of bondage toys that comes in a kit. Handcuffs can be fun, but a little intimidating sometimes. Unless you get the ones with a saftey catch, you had better keep up with those keys! My wife and I have some stuff and it's mostly wrist restraints that attach to the frame of the bed and light bondage gear like so. It's a great place to start and not overly expensive.

The Japanese Bondage Rope or Shirabi is for tying you up in knots, literally! google it and you will see what I mean. I find it highly erotic, but it is certainly not for everyone and it is not exactly what I would call beginners bondage. That's just my two cents.

• Members

I was only thinking the rope just in case we lose the keys lol seems like that would be easier to get out of and go other places with. I'll check out the other restraints! Thanks!

Has anyone tried the Vanilla Bondage kit? (I think it's so cute that it come in an ice cream container!) If so, how long are the ties? Any other recommendations? I have to ship this to england so I have to buy the gift(s) this week.

• Members

I bought the Tie the Knot Kit for my husband a number of months ago and he LOVES it. His "secret passion" is light bondage, but I've always been a little afraid of (though interested in) it.

There are four restraints; each ties to the legs of your bed and come up to the mattress to very gently velcro around your wrists and ankles. (We have a tall bed - thick boxspring and mattress - plus I'm only 5' 3-4" and these easily come up over both to secure me comfortably.) They hold quite well and are kind of easy-access if you need to get out of them yourself. There's also a soft blindfold to deprive you of your sight while he tickles you with his tongue or any toys you might have! We haven't used the blindfold yet, but we have used the restraints and I have to say, from my viewpoint of being a little afraid of being bound, these weren't scary at all. And from my husband's viewpoint, it was just enough of the light bondage he'd been seeking to make him very happy. :)

I agree that the Japanese Bondage Rope really isn't for beginners, but for the more experienced in the whole bondage arena. I think the Tie the Knot Kit is an excellent, non-threatening way to ease into it. Also, another suggestion I might make, in trying to keep each other a little more relaxed about this new venture, is to agree to a 'safety word' before even getting to the bedroom. It's a word neither of you would normally use during sex (i.e. calendar, Toyota, doorknob) that tells the other, "I'm really not feeling comfortable with this, this is not a playful joke, I really want to stop NOW."

Good luck and let us know! :)

• Members

First of all, Shibari and Japanese Bondage Rope are NOT the same! Shibari is an art form, Japenese Erotic Rope tying, and Japanese bondage rope is a soft, silky rope that can be used for any number of purposes.

While this rope is nice, I kind of feel like it might be too advanced for you, only because it is very, very long and to do any serious tying with it you have to know how to do slips knots and what not (pun intended.)

I would go with more of a soft restraint - velcro bound - so if you are having key anxiety this will eleviate that problem. The Tie The Knot Kit is awesome - you get soft restraints and a blindfold and some other goodies. It is definitely for beginners. Or, you can go with some feet or ankle restraints - the under the bed (bedspread) restraint system is very, very nice. While you might find these options more severe, they are actually less severe because they do not require keys.

If you feel the need to work up to this, try tying your feet first. Then your arms are free but your nether regions are still bound and spread. Or, you can restrain one arm at a time. go slow, work him into it.

Also, do not forget some of the other essentials. Try getting a whip or paddle (some good ones here) and use ice (or have him use ice) to tease your nips and clit during bondage.

IT isn't always about how you are tied, but can be more about what you do!

Have FUN!

• Members

ok, thanks for the advice! I think I will get the tie the knot kit.

lol Mikayla I would get a whip or paddle for him but I'm pretty sure he'd use it in public more than in private. His hand is enough.

• Members

If this is something you've been teasing each other about I'm sure he'll love it!

I don't really care for metal handcuffs, they start to hurt and dig in after a while. Have always had good luck with neck ties..... ;)

Agree with Mikayla that a paddle is a good addition to your toy box.

Don't forget that men like to be tied up and teased too!!

• Members

lol I'll think about getting a paddle, but not right now.... maybe for christmas. I'm not sure if he'd let me tie him up or if I'd be daring enough to even suggest it lol

• Members

I love restraints! My best suggestion is BONDAGE TAPE. Its a vinyl tape that you really have SOOO much more control with (or should I say the one doing the restraining does). Its great for makeshift cuffs, tie downs or gags. I've even made an outfit out of it (i.e. milla jovovich in the 5th element). Hope you have fun!

• Members

I read that bondage tape is hard to get off... like it sticks to itself and it's tricky to cut when it's so close to the skin... and I wouldn't want to be gagged. I decided not to have it sent by the 23rd since I won't be there for a few months and it'd be a little silly for him to have them and no reason to use them. I'll probably have them sent to me and then bring them along (wrapped of course) when I (FINALLY!) move over there. But maybe I'll send him a whip or something lol

Thanks you guys for all the suggestions!

• Members

Tiger, you will have to forgive Howard, he is NOT a bondage expert in any way, shape or form! You should NEVER use hardware store rope for bondage, it will chaffe and burn your skin! ONLY use bondage rope - PERIOD!!!

Also, bondage tape is more for experts. It is very sticky and you have to cut it off - I doubt you want to go that far as a newbie!

I would stick to the velcro release cuffs, blindfolds and paddles to begin!

Have Fun!

• Members

I wasn't trying to cause any problems, I just want to make sure I get something that I won't regret buying later.

Howard, I will look into the type of rope you suggested the next time I go near a hardware store.

Mikayla, I think I will get the Tie the Knot kit since it has everything but the paddle. I'm not too sure about getting a paddle just yet, but I am considering it.

Thank you both so much for the tips and advice. I'll keep ya'll updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My husband and I tried bondage early in our relationship, and at that time there was simply no place to buy the great bondage accessories there are today, so we made our own. They're fabric straps which I sewed using strong satin material, in various lengths. We still use them. I like the straps better than ropes or cuffs because even when tied tightly they don't leave marks. We have tried velcro cuffs because they came with our Liberator cushions, but we generally prefer our home-made ones.

One of the most important accessories, IMHO, is a bed with places you can tie your ropes to. Our four-poster bed is great for this... we can use any of the posts, plus there are a couple of little decorative thingies on the headboard that are great tie points. My husband made some really sturdy rods for the canopy, so we can use those to tie my legs up in the air, etc, etc. It's like a jungle gym for adults, but it looks like a prim and proper Victorian boudoir!

• Members

elise, I just read your post on the homemade straps. That's such a great idea! Maybe I'll do that instead. I could always add some velcro to the straps or make a couple sets.

Oh and the paddle or whip wouldn't work lol I sent him the description of something here that had a whip with it and he laughed and said he's not into it. But he does like to spank me so I'm not sure why he wouldn't like a whip or paddle... he's confusing sometimes lol

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

go to the fabric and drapery department at some store (Wal-Mart??) and you'll find all kinds of fun things.

i got the strangest look from the clerk when i bought 12 feet worth of the satin-like thick cord at 1030pm on a Friday night.

Contrary to some remarks here, this thick cord is very soft and hasn't left any marks on the wrists...at least that's our experience.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Old neckties, belts, strips of lacy or other cloth(buyer's choice)! Attach these to your bed while he is at work. Might cause problems if someone were to accidentally eye his present. Send him a handmade gift certificate for 1 night of servitude. You can also find your ropes at any vet or farm supplier. They have many colors sizes, and lengths. Do not buy a poly type rope. Hemp or sissal rope is better left to more gung-ho people. Since this type of rope tends to fray out and feel like fiberglass or something against your body. If you buy the cotton type rope, take it home and soak it in fabric softener and water(a gallon or so), let it soak for about half a day. If you have a mesh washing bag you can put the rope in this and run it through the washer and dryer to remove the excess chemicals. I ran mine through twice. ALWAYS, have a good, sharp pair of scissors near you in case something unexpecte happens. HAVE FUN BUT BE SAFE!!!!