Official Community Forums Home

Sticky Tools

• Members

Hi All,

Here's an incredibly dull yet practical question:

What do you do with your insertable toys after the use? In particular after anal use. Where do you place it? On the sheets? On a towel? In a box? Do you lay it on your stomach or do you just hold it in your hand until you go and wash it?

OK. So this is not a huge problem, but maybe you guys have some good tips.

Thanks,

• Members

Good question!

When we're getting our toys/lube beforehand, we also get a hand towel. We lay the hand towel at the head of the bed and lay our toys on that. If you have a toy that's used that you don't want touching the other toys, just fold the end of the towel over it.

We started doing this a few months back, after a conversation here about pet hair/dander getting on toys and possibly causing infections after use. Having both cats and dogs in our home, it wasn't a theory I wanted to test. I feel cleaner and safer setting our toys this way, instead of just dropping them to the bed next to us, whether we're done with them or not.

I usually either put them on the hand towel we bring in for wiping lubed up hands on, or on the top of my toy box to set them aside for washing. Anal toys always go on a towel after being used.

Sometimes the toys get set on my vanity (I have some placemats on the top that I can take off and clean), or on hubby's nightstand too.

Sometimes, when we don't think about it much, they just get laid on the bed, out of the way til we're done. I figure any pet, people, or other dirty stuff that may be on the sheets, will come off and very clean with warm water and antibacterial soap.

When we're d one with them, I wash them ASAP, and put them in the toybox, which is a big sealed plastic box.

• Members

I am a HELLA clean freak. When we have anal sex there is ALWAYS a special tub filled with warm water and soap. I drop it in while we finish up our business and then clean it thoroughly later.

We also ALWAYS have a towel handy for drips and discharge. I am WAY to anal about "mess" to not have a place to put my lubrication soaked toys! We also always clean our toys immediately BEFORE and AFTER play. I am not a "bask in the moment or fall asleep with cum inside me" kind of gal.

• Members

Now, this is exactly what I'm talking about! I think I'm not the only one trying to figure out the best way to cope with this. Thanks guys for your answers so far.

• Members

To say that Mik is a neat freak is an understatement! If even one drop of lube gets on our comforter - we are washing it THAT night! I mean, I understand anal toys - they get, um, icky sometimes - but a drop of lube.....gee wiz!

MM

:lol:

I got a kick outta Mikayla's "I'm anal about cleanliness" comment. Pun intended?

I clean a lot too, and can be "anal" about a lot of things, which also drives MY hubby crazy! Too bad we don't live closer! :P