Official Community Forums Home

Interracial Relationships

• Members
My daughter's best friend is Black. They've been friends for years and she's a great kid- athletic, funny. She spends tons of time at our house. My girl loves to go to their house and to the Jamaican parties and events. We live in a very homogeneous community and this kid is kind of a celebrity just by being Black.

I agree with SuzyP's comments but remember, you can't judge someone by the colour of his neck!

VB! How true.Luckily we don't get sun up here like they do down south so it's all painted on any way. ;) How about this I'm anti-redneck attitude!

sterculius- your thinking of reverse racism which is defined as hating people of your own race, not just having a preference for another. this is often considered to be a "racial confused" person ie steve martin in the jerk. "i am a poor black man." though he doesn't hate whites but i think you get the point :) I can't say that I've noticed the same white woman-black man thing as you, i think it's more publicised, black athlete white woman sort of a deal (which please no one think i'm stereotyping just an example) I know lots of couples where the race is "reverse" we have a couple on here! :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I think that a person being of a different race should not be a disqualifying factor in a relationship but isn't it a reverse form of discrimination to actually prefer someone with a different skin color? And is it just me or is it true that the majority of interracial couples involve white women and black men and if so, why? Just curious . Really!

Nope

• Members

well being a wht male married to a sexy blk female, the biggest reason you see more wht females with blk males is the pressure from their communities. an what i mean by that is there is more pressure on blk females to stay in their "race" then that of blk males. we see it alot, how my wife gets dirty looks from other blk males an females. it kind of goes with the whole a man can sleep with alot of females an he is a stud, a female does the same thing an she is a slut. but like i say stay color blind and you will be fine. a heart and soul has no color!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, I'm going to have to disagree with charmain here. My 20 year old son is 1/2 black. We live in a town of about 40k in Okla. While my parents divorced over me marrying a black man and having a black child-out of wedlock BTW, my son has not paid the price. He is starting his Sophomore year of college and is very popular on campus. While in high school, he was voted home coming King by his peers. He was the most popular boy in school and keep in mind that in his graduating class of about 400, there were only 10 black kids. So how exactly has he paid the price of my "mistake"? While my relationship with his father didn't work out, it nothing to do with the black/white issues. I am now married to a wonderful man who thinks nothing of my son's black heritage. We have a beautiful daughter that we could care less what color her boyfriend is as long as he treats her well and makes her happy. I am not nieve enough to think that the world is a perfect place and that there are many people who don't approve of interracial relationships, but please don't try to blame your disapproval of interracial relationships on how our wonderful beautiful biracial children will be treated.

• 14 years later...
  • Members

To bad I was out on maternity when this came up. I came here to post a link to a video but I have to say mikayla made some great points. Sport fucking , lol. I live in Jacksonville Fl where we all suppose to be racist in opinions of those who follow sterio types. From a native insider point of view I say a third of the people I see daily if not more are in mixed race relations as couples. A portion of what you might think of as white are actually middle eastern.  It a navy town, we got saudis stationed here. Retired and active military. A large filipino community as well. Every year more diverse the area becones. While it was known for years as a baptist town truth is we got religon here of all types. I seen mosques and churches support each other in many different ways. Still there are people who got there prejudices toward one group or another for different reasons. My wife teaches esol to new comers. These are non english speaking  kids. Every year there a different make up ethnically depending what comes in from immagration or as refugees. There assumptions all these kids get along but they have their prejudices too. Cubans and peurto ricans and mexicans dont all get along. East asians dont all get along, middle easterns do not all get along, south asians dont all get along, so naturally mixing them togeather has a few challenges but as they learn to work togeather they bond. The kids are mostly sheltered from american kids but eventually they mix in and not without some fighting. . Culture mixing is not sonething most of these kids were exposed too over seas. If you thought america had issues you aint seen nothing yet in terms of discrimination.  The animosity between china, korean and japan is less now then before.  Over time and with exposure life changes. Do you think americans and filipinos were always frendly? I live next to an iraqi who was a pow during desert storm. He even knocked on my door wished me merry christmas. He muslim. When wife and I had covid did anyone bring me food or offer it? Every time I asked if soneone could make a store run they like stay home. No one did except my wife muslim co workers. My wife and i are catholic and penticostal. None of our churches volunteered. In asia, there a class system of discrimination. The film crazy rich asians was centered around that but not everyone in the west got it. Now on fb i get comments by many politically liberal folks about being a bigot because I a white male heterosexual christian yet here I am with you all fine people talking and sharing the love. I guess i could be a hypocrite but I never went around saying sex was terriable, sinful, or these relations were bad. 

• Members

Now our muslim friends didnt just go by the store they cooked us meals. My neighbor who iraqi was my enemy in 90 and 91.  Now i have had a few experinces where i was told by same race couple members me being in a relation with someone different in color was racist and self hating. Ironicallty a black guy my age told me that i was racist saying my wife is filipino during a conversation at the ER lobby why he there to see his white daughter in law. I guess i to assume he see no issue with his son involvment but feels mine was a problem to society. I have walked into Dennys with my wife and kids standing within a circle togeather of less then four feet as many couples with kids do to be told sir i be with you in a minute. Maam table for three? She holds up four fingers. The waitress looks dumb founded and looks out the window. Where your husband? Wife points at me as I taking a seat on the bench. We the only people in the lobby. Less then 12 peopke total in the place. I should have asked if they had a white only table.  And then there was the steak n shake innocent where a young black man who manager came over to me asking me to not make a scene as i told my son to step aside and let an elderly couple pass in the asle. I guess he thought they were my wife kids from a different relationship  and thought there be trouble with a white guy talking to them like i was dad. My wife softly said to me he must not think your the dad. And there a few more. A white person filipino person couple is more common in jacksonville then black white when you consider location, population.