Official Community Forums Home

Back In The Game

I am once again dating after so many years, I have met a man who I am crazy about and I want to please him right. Is giving oral on the first date too much??

Well, it's great that you're out and about dating! Good for you! But, as far as on the first date, though I am not one to judge, I think that's a bit too soon. However, having sex, including any oral play, should be done whenever you're comfortable.

A willingness to please is a good thing in a lover. However, if you've been single for a while, or "out of the loop", jumping right in, and pouncing on a guy may show that you're desperate, and, where that can be flattering and pleasurable at the time, it may not be such a respectable thing in the long-run.

If you're crazy about him, and think that he is worth some extra time and attention, I would wait. But that's me. Whatever you do, please be sure to be safe. No matter what your age, STDs can affect anyone, at any age.

• Members

Hmmmm. I guess as I am up at 3:00 am and can't sleep (horrible pregnancy dreams) I will answer this question while I am here.

In my younger days, oral or even sex on the first date wouldn't have been too much for me - with certain guys. It was the 80's and 90's and people were just different about sex then (well, some people). If I were to find myself single today, I am thinking I might wait at least a date or two more. There is so much more to consider now that there was then - AIDS being one of the biggest.

I am thinking that if you wait a little bit - it will be that much sweeter for both of you, but who can argue aboue a heat of the moment kind of thing!

BTW Howard, this lady did post that she is 55 yrs old on her profile. But, age shouldn't matter. I still stand by what I said earlier.

• Members
In my younger days, oral or even sex on the first date wouldn't have been too much for me - with certain guys. It was the 80's and 90's and people were just different about sex then (well, some people). If I were to find myself single today, I am thinking I might wait at least a date or two more. There is so much more to consider now that there was then - AIDS being one of the biggest.

I wonder if it was more the age then the times. I too was a teen in the 80's and wouldn't have thought twice about doing anything on the first date, it was just common, and I thought guys expected it. Now, sheesh, I wouldn't sleep with or have any thing more then kissing till I KNEW the guy and knew him WELL. Not just how much you like him, but really know. And I wouldn't be intimate with anyone I didn't love. But then again, I am almost 40, in a relationship and that makes a difference in the way I feel about this topic too. But I still say wait. Call me Old Fashioned. :)

Ironically, the only guy I didn't sleep with right away, is the man I married. We have been together now since May 1985, married since December 1990.

I think that a lot of our earlier willingness to please even on the first date, may have stemmed from being so young as well. Being young, and kinda inexperienced, the desire to be liked and fit in. All that.

And, I do agree, nobody should feel pressured to do something they don't want to do.

I see nothing wrong with a fling, or a one night stand. But something and someone of quality is worth waiting a bit for!