Official Community Forums Home

Been Reading The Forum For A Few Days

starfallz

I've made a few posts on here already. I'm 25, married and the mother of a beautiful 11-month-old girl. My husband is in the military and is headed to Iraq for his first time. I'm living with my inlaws in Hawaii while he is gone. Before being a stay at home mom I was a journalist and a photographer. However, I love being a mom and hope to be able to stay home with my children until they are school aged.

I'm shy when it comes to talking about feelings, fantasies, sex, etc. But at the same time I'm adventurous and know what I like. I hope by participating in this forum I can learn to speak up more in the bedroom. And while my husband is away maybe I can learn to open up on the phone with him to help ease the pain of him being so far away. I read the article on phone sex, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that (although I know my husband would love it).

Welcome to the forum, and I hope it helps you with any issues you may have.

I, for one, thing being a SAHM is a great thing. I have done so for the last 4 yrs. Every once in a while, I've had to go back to work, but have either done so when our daughter was asleep, or have been able to leave her with family, and she's always done well (once I am out of sight LOL). A couple of jobs, I have actually been able to take her to work with me. That's pretty cool, but stressful at the same time.

Many people can't stay home with their kids due to finances. If you're able to do so, then great! Sometimes it's actually cheaper for a parent to stay at home with the kids, then it is to send them to daycare! Anyway, you gotta do what you gotta do to survive!

I hope you're able to get a lot out of the site, and again, thank you to you and your hubby for your sacrifices for our country!