Official Community Forums Home

"second Life" Internet Sex Program Stirs Up Some Issues

Tyger

"Second LIfe" internet sex program stirs up lawsuit

What do you think of all of this? I've never heard of it, but it brings up a great point of how you really SHOULD be careful, and that you CAN be sued for things, even over the internet when causing trouble.

• Members

Wow, I did not know there even was such a site...I guess people think that because they are hidden behind a animated personna they can get away with quite alot. And true too, how do you know they are giving you their correct information online....it is amazing what people can get away with...

• Members

OMG thats crazy

• Members

This is my own personal belief. Personally, I'm somewhat baffled by the thought of intellectual property. I understand that people want to make money off of the things they have thought up but the idea that no other person who comes to the same conclusions on their own couldn't wrap it up and market it better than some guy half a world away just doesn't seem right. I don't believe anything should have a copyright until you have a very tangible product before you. In this case it is the software that was already packaged and being sold that was in copyright, which is fine in my eyes. It reminds me, however, of the stupidity of the two inmates who decided to copyright their names and tried to sue the warden for using them in documents. The whole thing has really gotten out of hand. Now that its really going into the virtual worlds it is just more foolishness. Of course, in this case, real money is involved so people are more likely to pitch a fit when something doesn't go their way.

Thurisas.