Official Community Forums Home

Anal Sex During Pregnancy?

just4myman

• Members

Is anal sex ok during pregnancy? I am 8 months along and am really wanting to be done that way and know my hubby would like to do it too. I know lots and lots of lube is essential, but is there anything else I should be worried about. We just started anal play with the fingers.

• Members

As a brand new Mommy (for the second time) I can assure you, anal sex is perfectly safe during pregnancy, provided you follow a few important rules:

(1) If you are cleared to have sex (i.e.) you are not having any issues with the pregnancy that puts you on restriction, anal sex is perfectly safe.

(2) LUBE, LUBE, LUBE

(3) Be CLEAN - NEVER go from anal to vaginal - EVER - pregnant or not. Be very careful of this especially during pregnancy, your body is susceptible to much more now, and at 8 months you may even be a bit dialated or effaced, so be wary of bacteria and clean, clean, clean

(4) Go slow, do not rush it, make sure you are not tearing. The last thing you need now is extra pressure do to an "anal injury."

That should do it - have fun, be safe and take care!

• 2 months later...

Anal sex is fine through out your pregnancy.With my first son i did it my whole pregnancy and with my second son(born june 27) we had anal sex the night before i went into labor. the babies are high up and well protected in there so go ahead and enjoy(o but i dont know if the doctor and nurses could tell what i had been doing the night before ;)

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I wondered this too. I'm new to experiementing w/ anal and am 6mos pg w/ #1. It seems as the extra hormones are wanting me to try and do all kinds of crazy things. I was just worried since we are "new" to anal if it would be a problem. I've tried things before but obviously werent doing things the "right" way and it wasnt the best experience. Hemrroids are a concern of mine too... Should it even be attempted with them (obviously w/o a flare up)?

Any advice?