Official Community Forums Home

My Husband Will Be Gone For Four Long Months!

• Members

My husband is in the gone tdywith the military and wont be back until Jan 11... Does anybody have any advise as to how to keep us happy? I think that he will be okay sexually but I on the other hand can only get an orgasm from him! I have never been able to get my rocks off! I feel like I am in for a long frustrating for months. Does anyone have any tips? Is there anything that I can do for him being soooo far away I would love to hear your creative ideas!

• Members

It seems to me that you should be taking this time to do some serious self-exploration. That you can't get off by yourself is a mental block that you should be eager to overcome. Imagine for a moment how the sex with your husband will be when he comes back if you can teach him a few things you've learned about yourself. There are tons of articles under the Sex Education tab just under the Too Timid banner on this page that you might find useful in your exploration. You also have the oppotunity to really build up the sexual tension between you and your husband. During any phone calls you can tell him exactly what you want to do to him and tell him what you have learned about yourself. When he gets home so that when you finally see each other, you'll likely not even make it all the way through the front door before attacking each other.

Mostly, you have to find a way to keep that connection that brought you two together in the first place even over hundreds or thousands of miles. Only you two know what makes each other tick and I'm sure you'll find ways to express yourself through phone calls, care packages, or whatnot.

Thurisas.

• Members
It seems to me that you should be taking this time to do some serious self-exploration. That you can't get off by yourself is a mental block that you should be eager to overcome. Imagine for a moment how the sex with your husband will be when he comes back if you can teach him a few things you've learned about yourself. There are tons of articles under the Sex Education tab just under the Too Timid banner on this page that you might find useful in your exploration. You also have the oppotunity to really build up the sexual tension between you and your husband. During any phone calls you can tell him exactly what you want to do to him and tell him what you have learned about yourself. When he gets home so that when you finally see each other, you'll likely not even make it all the way through the front door before attacking each other.

Mostly, you have to find a way to keep that connection that brought you two together in the first place even over hundreds or thousands of miles. Only you two know what makes each other tick and I'm sure you'll find ways to express yourself through phone calls, care packages, or whatnot.

Thurisas.

If it was me I would like to get a lot of letters telling me how you doing and what is going on to keep you busy.Then I would like you to do so called phone in your letters and tell him what you are going to do to him when he gets home and make it a little different each time

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sweetone,

i am in the military and just returned from a 4 month tour. my wife an I sent a journal back and forth. I am normally not a writer, but hey what else did I have to do in the desert? We both shared our fanasies....made the home cumming so much more enjoyable. We were both able to tell each other things that we were "afraid" to say aloud. Wedid not have to worry about being cut off or rolling eyes. we could be as intimate as we wanted. worked for us...just need a sitter for the kid, adn we could really fulfill some fantasies. ;)

What a great idea Not2Shy!! It really takes a strong marriage to survive something like this, especially where it's not overly "voluntary", like being in the military, if you KWIM.

Again, I must give you military people AND their SO's a great big THANK YOU for doing what you do for this country, whether it's going off overseas~wherever the government chooses to deploy you, or staying at home, and being a reservist. Thank you so much!

• 3 months later...
Thanks to your husband, and to you for his service to our country. By all means, PLEASE read the sex Education articles about orgasms, and toys. Then go through the shopping guide and look at all the toys. Many of the toys have reviews by members of the forum, and you will find a short version of their reviews under the individual product , as well as full versions, together with questions and comments by other members here on the forum, under the topic, Toy Reviews. You can find tabs at the top of this page to find the Shopping guide, and the Sex Education articles.

There are several multiple function vibrators sold here the the reviewers guarantee will give you an orgasm, so if you really haven't had an orgasm, or are not sure, yet, it need not be the state of affairs by the time your DH returns to you in January. In fact, it might be the most wonderful present you can give to him, as all men want to see the women they loved having fun and having orgasms when they make love together. Toys are not a replacement for a loving man, but they are an enhancement to love making, and couples should never have any reservation about using them when they play. They can also be a training aide for women in your situation.Some women won't buy toys because they are embarrassed-- like who isn't?-- or because they fear their husband will be angry or jealous of the toy if he finds out--- what is that about?--- and fear letting him know they ever have had or still own a dildoe or vibrator. The opposite reaction is the norm, that is men are delighted to know their wives have little buddies or BOBs( Battery Operated Boyfriends) that they use to learn how to have orgasms. And when a guy gets a chance to play with his wife with such a toy and finds out that it helps her have fun while he is catching his breath, or waiting for round 2, or 3, he may just sit down and go through the catalogue here with you and order you some more.

Welcome. If you can stand the embarrassment of having an annual exam, you can stand any embarrassment that might happen in buying or using a toy.

Have fun.

Howard

I agree with Howard, my husband is also in the military, he has been gone for 2 months and will be home for ten days, then leave for six to ten months. I totally understand what you are talking about. What my hubby and I do is he has a laptop. I have a desktop, we both have digital cameras, we get on at night and we both masturbate with each other over web cams. We have dirty phone conversations, when he calls. i write him naughty love notes, whatever. He even copied a dvd for me of him masturbating in a stall there and sent it to me. ( so I can watch him when I want ) I have a dildo and I am going to make a clone of his penis with the Make Your Own Dildo kit that I bought. So if you don't feel real great with useing a reagular dildo, but the kit like I did and make your own from his penis. I use to be a real stickler about using dildos and what not, but once I got comfortable with it i was fine. As for toy in general, my husband feels more secure with me having one, he knows that I won't cheat on him but he likes the fact that I have one. We have used some in our foreplay and he likes it. Just talk to him about it if you feel more comfortable with his opinion. I did and my hubby love it.