Official Community Forums Home

Forum Etiquette

Mikayla1

• Members

Hello Board! ;)

I just wanted to make a reminder post about the importance of maintaining a non-judgmental attitude on forum. While TooTimid is definitely a great place for a variance of opinions and experiences, this difference can sometimes be a point of contention!

If we are all completely honest, we would admit that at one time or another we have either silently or verbally passed judgment on another person. This is a fact of life. We all do it.

However, this forum is a place for people to share their experiences, lifestyle choices, sexual choices and the like. If we disagree with someone's choices this is perfectly fine and acceptable. IF we want to ask questions about this difference that too is acceptable. If we want to disagree with this choice it is also fine and acceptable.

What is NOT acceptable is to degrade, criticize, mock ,demean or otherwise offend ANYONE for their sexual, personal, professional or any other life choice!

We have to always be cognizant that you can not "lump the whole into the few." Meaning, what goes for YOU might not go for EVERYONE!

All opinions are welcome here on TooTimid as long as those opinions are expressed in an appropriate manner.

We are all free to have our individual experiences when it comes to sex - and we ALL need to be supportive of one another's innate rights to have these separate likes and dislikes. To do so we need to be polite and non-judgmental when posting.

• Members
Hello Board! ;)

I just wanted to make a reminder post about the importance of maintaining a non-judgmental attitude on forum. While TooTimid is definitely a great place for a variance of opinions and experiences, this difference can sometimes be a point of contention!

If we are all completely honest, we would admit that at one time or another we have either silently or verbally passed judgment on another person. This is a fact of life. We all do it.

However, this forum is a place for people to share their experiences, lifestyle choices, sexual choices and the like. If we disagree with someone's choices this is perfectly fine and acceptable. IF we want to ask questions about this difference that too is acceptable. If we want to disagree with this choice it is also fine and acceptable.

What is NOT acceptable is to degrade, criticize, mock ,demean or otherwise offend ANYONE for their sexual, personal, professional or any other life choice!

We have to always be cognizant that you can not "lump the whole into the few." Meaning, what goes for YOU might not go for EVERYONE!

All opinions are welcome here on TooTimid as long as those opinions are expressed in an appropriate manner.

We are all free to have our individual experiences when it comes to sex - and we ALL need to be supportive of one another's innate rights to have these separate likes and dislikes. To do so we need to be polite and non-judgmental when posting.

That's what I am taking about! A 60 year-old politically correct attorney will straighten you up if you curved away or thought different about marriage counselors and magic pills ;)

• Members

Hear Hear, Mikayla. A little diplomacy really isn't such a difficult thing.

And why is it some people have to tell others they are wrong when they have no experience of what the other person is talking about? It's like an atheist telling me that God doesn't exist: What is it they hope to achieve? They don't share my life experience; they don't know me. "The fool in his heart says there is no God." (Psalm 14:1) All they tell me is they are a fool. It changes me not :lol:.

Thanks for the post, Mikayla; very well said indeed.

Now someone's bound to reply to my reply saying there is no God :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

No comprendo! I don't understand that kind of unrespectful people. Due to the nature of this site (i.e. Sex!), there are going to be different ways of expresion about different issues relly it to the topic. Therefore, we must keep an open mind and respect others. Should be consider too, that this site is, perhaps, the only way that many have to ventilate their sexual stresses, fantasies, etc. So, shouldn't be taken advantage by anyone else's bullls***! minds :angry: .

Well, this is my first participation on the site, I hope not to be to irreverent.

Hasta luego

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy