Official Community Forums Home

Sex Toys And Iud

I don't have an IUD, but I wouldn't think that there'd be any more risk of getting a toy caught on the string as with a condom-covered penis either. If you're really concerned about it, ask your doctor that put in the IUD, they'd be better qualified to answer this question.

• Members
I don't have an IUD, but I wouldn't think that there'd be any more risk of getting a toy caught on the string as with a condom-covered penis either. If you're really concerned about it, ask your doctor that put in the IUD, they'd be better qualified to answer this question.

I guess I was just wondering if any of the fancy thrusting spinning gizmos posed a problem... those that aren't quite dicklike.

:lol:

• Members
I guess I was just wondering if any of the fancy thrusting spinning gizmos posed a problem... those that aren't quite dicklike.

:lol:

Unless it has a hook-like end or something like that...I can tell you there is no chance of it "pulling" it out of place. Although some women do have issues with the I.U.D. being expelled by vigorous sexual activity. If you've already had the I.U.D. in place for some time and have been sexually active...little or no chance of having issues with it. Although, if the end of the string (usually) a nylon type...isn't curled, a bare penis can and in my experience get's "pricked" by it from time to time.

• Members

I put a call in to my OBGYN (I can ask her anything) and she said that an IUD CAN come loose under certain circumstances - but it is very rare. As far as sex toy use, the risk of the IUD coming dislodged is the same as it would be for normal sex - even if it is a "spinning, rotating, jack hammer" type toy!

So, the risk is equal for toys or boys per my OB!

• Members
I put a call in to my OBGYN (I can ask her anything) and she said that an IUD CAN come loose under certain circumstances - but it is very rare. As far as sex toy use, the risk of the IUD coming dislodged is the same as it would be for normal sex - even if it is a "spinning, rotating, jack hammer" type toy!

So, the risk is equal for toys or boys per my OB!

I would have to agree with your OBGYN. In my regular job, I am a midwife, and it is extremely rare for an IUD to become dislodged. Rule of thumb with any toy...IUD or no IUD...if you start to feel pain or pressure (that you don't want to be feeling)--stop! Personally, My IUD had not been a problem, other than an occational "poke" to my husband (the string is like fishing line). If you are worried about the string getting tugged, it can easily be pushed up deep into the vagina and out of the way (there is a handy little crevice behind the cervix at the very top of the vagina).

Have fun!