Official Community Forums Home

Another Newbie!

fryerb

Hi! This is new for me. I will actually be able to talk freely and not be embarrassed. I was married for almost 10 years to someone who was mentally and verbally abusive and had me feeling so useless about everything( including our sex life) that I have been scared to even try to date. It has been almost 3 years since the divorce and I want to get over my insecurities and start to enjoy life and sex again. <_<

• Members

Welcome! I was also married to a man who was emotionally and verbally abusive. I'm glad you got out of the situation. Kudos to you!!!!

I look forward to hearing from you. We all have things to learn and share.

• Members

Welcome to the site!! It seems to me you've already taken to major steps to getting your confidence back. For starters, you got out of a bad relationship and I don't care who says what about you, that takes some real guts and a decent amount of confidence. Secondly, you're obviously looking for support and knowledge to arm yourself with so that when you do get out and date you'll be well informed and that lends to confidence. Congratulations on your courage and please accept a heartfelt welcome.

Thurisas.

Ditto to what Thurisas said!! LOL Welcome and I hope you have much success!! Dating can be scary at first, but, feeling comfortable with yourself is just sooooo sexy!!

I was in an abusive relationship right out of high school, both mentally AND physically, and he'd put me down all the time due to HIS insecurities, and I'm betting your ex did the same. He knew he sucked, so he wanted you to feel bad about yourself too, to boost himself up.

Best wishes!

• Members

It is great that you had the courage to get out and start fresh. NEVER let anyone down you for any reason. Unfortunately it is not happening enough and maybe you will be able to help someone who needs that little extra push to do the same thing that you did. I hope things only get better for you from here.

• Members

Welcome to TooTimid! Now is YOUR time to get to know YOU! Feel proud of yourself for your accomplishments so far, honey! Read the articles and forums; don't be shy if you have questions; and if you're comfortable giving help when you have comparable experiences, please feel free to post your input as well! :)