Official Community Forums Home

Please Help

dscn

• Members

hey guys I am having trouble posting pictures when I do it says pic too large how do I resize it to fit please help thanks :D:D

• Members

You might try loading the pics into a photo editor where you should be able to work on the size enough to make it work. If that doesn't work try uploading into photobucket or Flick'r or similar areas. I am only guessing that these are straight from your cam or scanner here. Also ginger had pointed out to me when I was having trouble posting pics that only certain formats work well here. I believe jpeg was one. Hope this helps you! If not try emailing the pics to yourself and seeing what size they really are there. There is a 2MB max.

• Members
You might try loading the pics into a photo editor where you should be able to work on the size enough to make it work. If that doesn't work try uploading into photobucket or Flick'r or similar areas. I am only guessing that these are straight from your cam or scanner here. Also ginger had pointed out to me when I was having trouble posting pics that only certain formats work well here. I believe jpeg was one. Hope this helps you! If not try emailing the pics to yourself and seeing what size they really are there. There is a 2MB max.

I was going to mention photobucket but he beat me to it. Photobucket will resize the photos for you. Also, you can go to ImageShack and have them resize the photos too. They are both free...just thought you'd like to know lol.

• Members

Thanks for all your help guys I will try :D

I was going to mention photobucket but he beat me to it. Photobucket will resize the photos for you. Also, you can go to ImageShack and have them resize the photos too. They are both free...just thought you'd like to know lol.

• Members

Sorry I saw this one too late to help! But it looks like it worked out for you since I see you posted. Any chance you can share what your problem was for future posters? I'm always curious.

• Members

Picasa is another program that is free and if I recall can resize them also. An image converter may help also. When I had trouble posting pics I thought maybe the site was being upgraded or something but I think my problem was more to do with the loose nut behind the wheel. I think my slow dinosaur computer was more likely the culprit there. I went in and cleaned house on some of the older trials and unused programs and that helped a lot!

• Members

ok thanks guys for all your help my problem was I could not get to upload a profile picture so I did what pappyld04 said and email the picture to myself and it work it resized it for me and I just saved it to my desk top and upload it from there. For the picture gallery you don't need to do that just upload them straight off you computer no need to resize it. :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi Brandyfan411,

We're metro sisters. So I thought I would put you in my "friends" list. Hope that's ok.

Can you make me a signature? What do you need from me? You're kind to offer below.

I'm having trouble uploading pics, too but it's probably my stupid dial up here at home. - can't do this from the office. It might get the IT guys all twisted up!

Later,

sexualpeak

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy