Official Community Forums Home

Hide/change Taste & Smell

augurer

• Members

My wife indicated that the reason she doesn't enjoy oral sex is due to the smell/taste on me. Is there any product that would remove or hide the smell/taste? I don't have a problem with it, but my wife certainly does. She used to let me pleasure her orally, but within the last couple years she definitely dislikes it (she closes her legs the second my face gets anywhere near the area). Anyone have any suggestions on products that are safe and don't require clean-up?

Is self conscious about HER taste, or does she not like your smell/taste? How long has this been going on?

If it's her smell she's worried about, does she smell different to you? Or has there been some sort of change (weight gain, hormonal, diet)? Did she maybe quit smoking? Your sense of smell usually gets more sensitive once you stop smoking.

I guess there needs to be more info here.

• Members

My wife has a regular exam by her OB/GYN every year, so I'm relatively certain there's no infection. The smell hasn't changed as far as I can tell in the six years I've known her. She's the only sexual partner I've had, so I'm not sure if her smell is "normal" compared to other women. Neither of us smoke, and there's been no substantial weight change (we both weigh about 5-10 pounds more than when we met), hormonal change, or diet change. I'm pretty sure she just doesn't like her own taste/smell when we kiss after OS.

We've abstained from oral sex for nearly 3 years now, and it wasn't until last month that I was able to get any explanation out of her. Perhaps there's more to it than that, as she doesn't seem comfortable talking about such things. I'm hoping to be able to get more information from her if I tackle the one problem she's identified (if additional problems do exist).

• Members
An, Come on! If you both bathe before having sex, If you are both in good health, the smell of your fluids is no different than the taste( and smell) of your skin when you lick it. You have licked your skin when you had a small cut, rather than go to the hospital for a bandaid, now, haven't you?

I'm no expert, but I'm certain neither my skin, nor hers, tastes anything like semen, vaginal mucus, or the fluid that is generated when she becomes aroused. Not when we just step out of the shower, just finish a 5K run, or are actively bleeding from a cut. From what I've read, vaginal mucus changes taste, smell, and texture based upon the menstruation cycle and the individual, ranging from sweet to salty to sour (although I've also read that there should be no scent at all, which certainly isn't the case). My skin certainly can taste sweet, salty, or sour depending on where I've been or what I've been doing, but I wouldn't say any of those describe her smell when she's aroused. There's no discernable scent there when she's not aroused. The scent has always been the same, for as long as I've known her (6 years).

Either you have not shared something important with us, ( your last post seems to hint at something) or this is all a mental thing about oral sex being " nasty " or " sinful " or whatever else is hiding among the little green worms people seem to get into their heads, when it comes to sex. Talk it out. You have found a great source of information available to you discretely, on your home computer. You can share this site with each other. Read the Articles in our Sex Education section( see the Tab above and click on it) on Oral Sex. Have your wife read them with you. Its a good way to open the subject up for discussion, because it helps put the words in both of your mouths.

I don't think she believes its sinful, as she's let me do it before, even somewhat regularly for the first couple years of our relationship. Nasty, probably, due to the smell/taste issue she has that I've already identified. As for hinting at other issues, I suggested that she might have other reservations about it, but I don't know of them. I asked why she didn't like receiving oral sex, and the answer I was given was "it makes you stinky" (or roughly that), which I'm sure that it does result in a lingering scent.

There are plenty of people who dislike the smell/taste of blood, so I don't find it abnormal for other body secretions. I'm just looking for a good product to mitigate the issue. This site appears to have two products (Intimate Woman Licker and Love Potion) which might help, but I was looking for more suggestions/opinions/reviews.

• Members

Sounds like she has negative image about her own body.

If it isn't bothering you, she shouldn't be concerned.

• Members

IDK auggie! She's either overplaying the smell or there is something else there. I have had lovers in the past who would try to close their legs or grab my hair or something. Their major malfunction was in worrying that they might smell. As a rule if I smell her before I can see her there will be no part of me getting near her. I took my gf to the lake with her brother and a girl he just met. The girls were changing in the pickup. Albert's date dropped her pants and underwear to put on the bottoms and I shit you not I slammed on the brakes in the middle of the road, threw it in Park. Both doors swung open and the three of us bailed out. Before we went anywhere my gf made her get out and follow her behind some trees and made her douche. According to my gf she had no clue what it was or how to use it. And no I'm not suggesting this is your case at all. This was a serious extreme in my opinion and I hope I never get to meet another like her. On the other side of the same coin there are always women who think there may be some freak accident if they let you down there that will freak a man out. Of course they break down over a short period of time. Some women think it is improper due to their upbringing and some try to play that they are prim and proper. The last girl I was with that did this was about to head for the bathroom after sex and she went down on me before heading for the door. You can bet that was the end of her little game. The next time I started down and she grabbed my hair I just kept going. She fought for about a minute. When she laid back I pushed her knees wide apart and looked up to tell her that if her smell had been a factor she would never have gone down on me right after sex. It only took a few more times after that for her to start pushing my head down there herself. Now don't take this wrong but I don't think your situation will be this easy to fix. But I hope you do get it fixed.

• Members

I talked to her more about it, and she told me she's very sensitive during foreplay. And once she's aroused enough where oral sex would feel good, she'd rather just have penetration. The smell issue is still there, but it seemed the sensitivity was the primary reason she wasn't into it. I suppose there's not much reason to pursue it further, if she's not that into oral in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions and ideas.