Official Community Forums Home

Sue Happy Jerks!

Jo Savage

• Members

GOD! Why the hell do people always use some accident to shamelessly sue someone else for a ridiculous amount of money?!?!?

It has been two years since an incident happened at my boss-lady's house. This woman is like a second mother to me and I would do anything for her.

Almost 2 or 3 years ago, I was working for her in her house and I had just finished stocking things for a dog show so I was taking a break on the computer. Some obnoxious kid I knew from school came to the door and wanted to pet her dogs. I was sort of wierded out by the request, but she said it was okay. She has five rescue dogs and they are all sweeter than you can imagine. He went to pet the biggest dog Midnight and was leaning all over him, not giving any space at all. The dog wasn't interested in him and was watching someone outisde, then jumped up suddenly to bark at them. Their heads collided and his nose was split open. It wasn't broken or anything, the skin was broken and he bled and that was it. Boss-lady's husband took the kid home and she told me that I should go home too.

Now, two (almost three) years later, I find out that the kid's family is suing boss-lady for a ridiculous amount of money. I've heard that legal preceedings can take a while, but 3 years??? I had to give a witness account since I saw the whole thing happen and I was so nervous! The only thing I could think about was to tell the truth, but I don't want it to get her in trouble! She's got so many problems as it it.

I KNOW he got hurt. He wasn't seriously injured or made sick or traumatized in anyway. But I also know that Midnight didn't bite him or do it in a malicious nature. The dog is a scaredy cat and has trying to run away from me on walks over a pine cone. I can understand the family asking her to pay for the hospital bill, but not THIS!!!!! I am so angry! How dare they try to use her as some get rich quick scheme! How dare they threaten her well-being over something so stupid!

I hate people who use things like this to make money! Its so wrong!

• Members

Jo, I think I love you!!! In this sue happy world it is rare to see someone who stands o the right side of things! Maybe some Dr. bills are in order but fault is rarely assessed by who is at fault. If they had ins. that tells even more. Just tell the truth and maybe the proper people will come out as the victor. Surely at some point the MORONS have got to own up for their own ignorance!!!!

• Members

IDK that I would agree with the JJ idea. That ignorant bitch is more about drama than fact most times. It's hard to believe that a so-called lie detector can work if you dont let them finish a sentence!!!

I would have her or her lawyer check into the statute of limitations in the state she lives in, and see if there's a time limit on when they need to start preceedings on such issues. I think 3 yrs is a bit extreme a time to wait to sue someone. But, then again, the law sometimes supports really stupid things!!

• Members

I know. Her lawyers are good, so I'm sure that thats the first thing they looked into. The insurance guy I had to talk to said that Boss-Lady has a good chance of pulling through on this, that the kid put himself in an unsure situation and should have been giving the dog more space than what he did. But unfair things happen in life all the time. I just hope the judge is reasonable and takes care of the situtation appropriately.

It always seems like people take a small incident and then blow it out of proportion for money!

And to pappy and froggstyle, I'm partial to Judge Joe Brown. I think he's funny. But then again it IS tv and they need to act a certain way to get viewers whether they are judges or not. Not that I'd want either of them to decide my fate or anyone I know. :D

• Members
I know. Her lawyers are good, so I'm sure that thats the first thing they looked into. The insurance guy I had to talk to said that Boss-Lady has a good chance of pulling through on this, that the kid put himself in an unsure situation and should have been giving the dog more space than what he did. But unfair things happen in life all the time. I just hope the judge is reasonable and takes care of the situtation appropriately.

It always seems like people take a small incident and then blow it out of proportion for money!

And to pappy and froggstyle, I'm partial to Judge Joe Brown. I think he's funny. But then again it IS tv and they need to act a certain way to get viewers whether they are judges or not. Not that I'd want either of them to decide my fate or anyone I know. :D

Judge Joe or even Judge Mathis are IMHO, much more abotu getting to the truth of the matter. I would not hesitate to appear in either of these courtrooms. It would beat the shit out of the KANGAROO courts that we have here!!!!!!!!!