Official Community Forums Home

Question On Lube

Hello,

My girlfriend and I want to try anal. She has had a good experience before with one speceific lube: Boi Toyz Desensitizing Anal Lube. And that is what she wants to use again. Unfortunately, it would appear that either that product had been discontinued, or that the Boi Toyz company is now defunct. With that in mind, and the fact that I never used the product to know what exactly it was like, I am looking for the closest thing to it out there.

What I do know about it: water based. 5% Benzocaine for the desensitization. It is described on the net as silky, though my girlfriend said it had the consistency of lotion. We've tried two so far that she didn't like: Adam & Eve desensitizing anal lube, which was way too slippery and runny (when opening the tube, it would just pour out unless you held it upright). And the Anal-Eze cherry desensiting lube which was much too thick, and neither of us were fond of the horrid fake cherry smell.

So, I come to you for help in identifiying a lube that will work for us, without amassing a collection of lubes we don't like first. I appreciate in advance any help, tips, or advice any of you can give.

-supervexi

Well, I don't particularly care for desensitizing lubes, just because pain is your body's way of saying "Cut that out, damage is being done!!". She may think that this kind of thing helps her relax, and it probably does. The only time I like being numb to possible pain is at the dentist, and any surgical proceedure, TYVM.

However, there ARE lubes out there specifically designed for anal play. The KEY to more comfortable anal play, is LOTSA lube!! And good lube at that. If you're not using silicone toys, then silicone lubes are best. NEVER use silicone based lubes with toys that are made of silicone, the lube will break down the toy's material if used together. Silicone lubes last a loooong time, & they're VERY slick! One of our faves is Astroglide Shooters. Again, it's specifically designed AND packaged for anal play. VERY well worth the money!! It is runny, but, they do recommend that a towel be handy for clean up, and, the packaging is designed to be an applicator that goes up INSIDE the anus, for more direct lubrication. A little goes a LONG way.

TooTimid does sell the LUBE, but we DID get a kit (Julie Ashton's Beginner Anal Kit) that had some Doc Johsnon Anal Lube with it, and that stuff works AWESOME too. It has a consistency similar to Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. But by NO MEANS use any sort of REAL petroleum jelly as lube. It's not designed for that, just to be clear.

I hope this is helpful.

• 12 years later...
  • Members
On Monday, February 25, 2008 at 4:00 AM, supervexi said:

Hello,

My girlfriend and I want to try anal. She has had a good experience before with one speceific lube: Boi Toyz Desensitizing Anal Lube. And that is what she wants to use again. Unfortunately, it would appear that either that product had been discontinued, or that the Boi Toyz company is now defunct. With that in mind, and the fact that I never used the product to know what exactly it was like, I am looking for the closest thing to it out there.

What I do know about it: water based. 5% Benzocaine for the desensitization. It is described on the net as silky, though my girlfriend said it had the consistency of lotion. We've tried two so far that she didn't like: Adam & Eve desensitizing anal lube, which was way too slippery and runny (when opening the tube, it would just pour out unless you held it upright). And the Anal-Eze cherry desensiting lube which was much too thick, and neither of us were fond of the horrid fake cherry smell.

So, I come to you for help in identifiying a lube that will work for us, without amassing a collection of lubes we don't like first. I appreciate in advance any help, tips, or advice any of you can give.

-supervexi

Doc Johnson Anal Lube is the best way to go for us Mandy and I both recommend it.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

But make sure it's virgin coconut oil. My wife and I love using it. It feels good and smells good on top of it.