Official Community Forums Home

Am I Shallow If I Think Looks Are Important?

MystryKitten

• Members

How a guy looks is very important to me. I do in fact have a "type," guys dont have to completely match the type of course, but I like my men to look a certain way, I love certain looks. Some people say "looks shouldnt matter, its whats on the inside that counts"

Sure, personality is really important to, but looks are the first thing that attracts me to a guy. Am I being shallow?? :blink:

• Members

I was always attracted to a certain look when I was younger (probably still am), but the man I ended up married to was the total opposite of what I had looked at before. So things do change...

• Members

Deciding what you like and the qualities you seek in a partner have to also be compared to what you are willng to accept or tolerate to get what you want. There is good and bad in everyone. You are young and are somewhat new to the whole thing but there is nothing wrong with being picky. But you really should decide on a few other qualities that you want with that beauty. Never settle. It just makes both of you miserable!

• Members

I totally agree with Nymph and IHA on this. You're young now. Those horomones are only beginning to rage. lol. Wait until you hit your early thirties. With age comes wisdom...and looks do fade eventually...but it is the things not seen nor heard that consume the heart, soul, and mind. When you find your special someone....and suddenly....after too many years together you're looking into their eyes and noticing that it is one of the few things about their body that hasn't changed over the years....you realize....looks aren't the most important thing....the way your special someone makes you feel....the love, concern, companionship, trust and comfort they offer you are merely a few of the many diamonds they have that sparkle when the lights go out. Enjoy yourself. Have some fun. Discover what it is you like, don't like...you're on the path to that now and you don't even realize it. :)