Official Community Forums Home

Cock Rings

New to the toy world and have recently bought a cock ring for husband. It seemed to slide around alot not stay in place and did not enhance his erection. We bought it for that reason. We slid it on all the way to the base of his penis. Are we using it correctly? Any suggestions? What about the rings that include the testes, how do you use them and are they better?

• Members

OK. First, what kind of ring did you buy, adjustable or fixed. Did you buy multiple sizes? A cock ring should be put on when the penis is flaccid, it should go on all the way under the balls and the base of the cock, then the blood will go into the penis and the ring will keep it from flowing out.

A few things to remember:

1) shaving will make this much easier. Rolling the ring off when you have hair on can be painful.

2) Never keep the ring on if there is pain or numbness or discoloration in the penis.

3) keep a pair of scissors nearby so you can cut it off if necessary

4) the maximum amount of time for a ring is about 30 minutes after becoming fully erect to prevent damage.

I suggest the closed rings, not the adjustables, they tend to open up and release the pressure when you don't want them to. So, if you have an adjustable (lasso loop) try the other kind.

Get a pack of 3, so you can find the right fit. Shave his balls and put it on.

This should work much better.

Good luck, have fun!

If you need more info, just google "how to use a cock ring" and some great articles will pop up for you!

Mikayla

New to the toy world and have recently bought a cock ring for husband. It seemed to slide around alot not stay in place and did not enhance his erection. We bought it for that reason. We slid it on all the way to the base of his penis. Are we using it correctly? Any suggestions? What about the rings that include the testes, how do you use them and are they better?

It is a closed ring with a tongue vibrator attached, should that as well be stretched and placed around the balls?

• Members

YES! It is my experience that those bullet / cock ring things are not as effective for maintaining an erection as a regular cock ring. However, they are really good for stimulating your balls and your partner if that is what you are going for!

have fun!

Mikayla

• Members

I don't know about that Mikalya. I have some and most of my rings are not made to fit over the testicles. The only rings I have ever seen that are meant to do that have a second loop just for snugging up the boys. I tried to fit all my stuff in one of the cyberskin rings I have and wound up smashing my balls into my wife a couple of times and let me tell ya, that ain't how it's supposed to work.

I would do some more looking and get various sizes of rings. Most of the rings I have ever owned all said they were to be placed at the base of the penis, while flaccid(like Mikayla said), and should not be kept on for more than 30 minutes after an erection has occured.

Good Luck and I hope you both enjoy the rings!!

• Members

Oh Lordy, must I do this. While it is true that those cock rings with the vibrating bullet are usually meant to jsut go around the base of the penis, because the are not meant for the actual use of a cock ring, they are more "novelty" a true cock ring is meant to go around both the balls and the penis. Read the following articles and see for yourself:

http://www.babeland.com/sexinfo/howto/use-a-cock-ring

Excerpt from the above cited article:

"Location, location, location. Cock rings typically are worn around the base of the cock and the balls. You can just wear it on the shaft (and by all means experiment), but cock rings function the most effectively when secured around both the scrotum and cock."

So, as you can see, you can wear it both ways, but to be most effective, it should be worn around both.

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/howto/howusecockring.htm

Excerpt from the above cited article"

"The proper way to wear a cock ring is behind the balls, and around the top of the shaft against your body (see picture at left). With a silicone or rubber ring, you can also place it around the shaft only, but you run the risk of it slipping off during sex or when things get wet and slippery. No matter which one you choose, it should fit comfortably and cause no pain. IN ALL CASES, A COCK RING SHOULD BE PUT ON WHILE NOT ERECT!!! "

I could go on, if you google "how to wear a cock ring" all of these articles, and about 30 more, should pop up.

So, there you go!

Good reading.

Knowledge = Power

Mikayla

Oh Lordy, must I do this. While it is true that those cock rings with the vibrating bullet are usually meant to jsut go around the base of the penis, because the are not meant for the actual use of a cock ring, they are more "novelty" a true cock ring is meant to go around both the balls and the penis. Read the following articles and see for yourself:

http://www.babeland.com/sexinfo/howto/use-a-cock-ring

Excerpt from the above cited article:

"Location, location, location. Cock rings typically are worn around the base of the cock and the balls. You can just wear it on the shaft (and by all means experiment), but cock rings function the most effectively when secured around both the scrotum and cock."

So, as you can see, you can wear it both ways, but to be most effective, it should be worn around both.

http://www.freddyandeddy.com/howto/howusecockring.htm

Excerpt from the above cited article"

"The proper way to wear a cock ring is behind the balls, and around the top of the shaft against your body (see picture at left). With a silicone or rubber ring, you can also place it around the shaft only, but you run the risk of it slipping off during sex or when things get wet and slippery. No matter which one you choose, it should fit comfortably and cause no pain. IN ALL CASES, A COCK RING SHOULD BE PUT ON WHILE NOT ERECT!!! "

I could go on, if you google "how to wear a cock ring" all of these articles, and about 30 more, should pop up.

So, there you go!

Good reading.

Knowledge = Power

Mikayla

Thanks for all your help for this newbie, now if you could give me a little guidance on the eggs that you insert into any orifice, as the ads state, how can they be any fun other than for anal sex. You have a cord dangling, and I don't know about you, my kids are grown I need no more cords dangling between my legs, but how can they be any fun and what other uses? I would like to try a remote control vibrator and have my hubby zap me sometime we are in a restaurant or where ever, but worry about the noise, any help on that? Mikayla, you are the best, Thanks for all your guidance

• Members
if you could give me a little guidance on the eggs that you insert into any orifice, as the ads state, how can they be any fun other than for anal sex.

Thanks for the compliment. I am sure that many people here could help you out with these questions just as well as I, but I will take the compliment.

As for the "eggs" you can put them into your vagina or anus, they feel just as good in both places, but the best thing is when you let them vibrate on your clit! These little eggs really go to town on the clit. You can also massage your hb balls and penis shaft with them during oral sex for him. Even nipple play takes on a whole new level with these little eggs.

They are relatively quiet, and yes...they have a cord, but who cares in the privacy of your own bedroom. I do recommend them for clitorial / and other uses.

As for the remote control devices, these are really nifty. I have not yet experienced these for myself, but I have heard from reliable sources that they will work from close distances and can be quite the thrill in public places like out to dinner or at a movie. I do look forward to getting some for myself at some point. If you invest in some, I would be interested to know how it goes.

What other toys do you own or have questions about? Ask me anything, glad to help!

Mikayla :D

• Members

Well I have the remote control egg/bullet,,, and I am disappointed in it to be honest. It isn't as strong of a vibrate as the others can be that I have for some reason... there is not a multi speed it is all just a little "hmmmm" ... and the one that I have that I actually ordered from Tootimid.... and I feel it is to noisy to wear out in public and use especially if you are in a quiet setting like a nice restaurant or movie! WE have used it a few times and I was to embarrassed to "enjoy" it,, but at home it can be nice if used with something else!!

Just my opinion,,, there are better things out there for the price you pay for it..

• Members
Just my opinion,,, there are better things out there for the price you pay for it..

I agree, I got the Venus butterfly for my wife and it was not all we had hoped. The noise was not a factor, but the strength of the bullet was hardly up to snuff. I have said before that we are big people and that might play in to our experience with this item, however, the remote works through walls, doors, ect. and it's not really that bad, but you only have one level of stimulation and I think it's designed for people who get a big thrill of trying something like this in public. Overall, I think it should be used when you are going out and don't expect to orgasm in public, but build her arousal over a period of time so when you find a quiet convient local, you can shag like the crazed baboons on Discovery. Enjoy!!

C1