Official Community Forums Home

~*happy Earth Day*~

Tyger

I hope everyone has a GREAT Earth Day!!! What's everyone doing today to try and be more Earth friendly? I'm trying not to use much electricity today. Plus, where my daughter's sick, and not going to school, I don't plan on using any gas today either.

• Members

I'm shutting off the t.v. after I see the weather report and won't turn it back on until tomorrow only to see the weather again.

A word of advice unplug everything from the computer-t.v. to even your hair dryer. Why is this? because they are still using power even if they are turned off. Don't believe me? go feel your hair dryer thats still plugged in or your cell phone charger. It's warm is it not? Thats because a current is flowing through it. Unplug this stuff for a month and then check you power bill, it will be less then last months.

• Members

I'm gonna thank the lord for his creation that only he controls then shoot off some co2 with my air pistol and watch in amazment as the plants the suck up this so called poison and grow to the amazment of others just like God intended.

Then I gonna light some candles on my sons birthday cake and smell the ozone.

Happy birthday Jojo and happy earth day

Glenn

• Members

Happy Birthday little man! Happy earth day everyone else! I think I'll plan the layout for my pond renovation. I have to figure out how to keep the cats from fishing in my pond. My Koi and 3 Shebunkins are getting a bit crowded in here in this little tank. They were only thumb size when I got them and over the winter they tripled in size. Probably have to tag and insure them!

• Members

Looks like I have research to do there. Thanks for the tip iha! I was dreading ammonia soaked rags or grass in that area.

• Members

Iha is right. Take one of the plastic rug runners with the spikes that hold them in place. Lay that down around your pond with spikes up and your problem has a good chance of being solved. This also works if you're having issues with a cat going to the bathroom where they shouldn't be.

Randy.

• Members

Just dont be like my dad who runs out there and works in his pond barefoot, you'll feel much lik the cats. How deep is your pond anyway. My father did his the hard way, he build it out of cement. It at little over 5 feet deep in the center, and maybe 2 feet along some of the edges, We have some big ones in there, heck we even had a 20 lb channel cat in there at one point. It dosnt look that deep when it clear, but it way more depth then needed. hasnt stopped herons, egrats, or raccoons from stopping by. Coons were fishing out my sliders I do believe, the birds were taking out some goldfish and koi we had in the foot long range. I not sure if your gonna have that problem but I sure the cats wont be an issue.

I think the ammonia issue can be handled by the cats if you gve them a place to pee, no need to soak rags

Glenn

Koi: The bigger they come the more expensive they are

It was almost impossible to stick with my resolutions yesterday. I didn't want to go anywhere in the car, cuz of the gas. DH called me cuz he forgot the shed keys at the barn. So, I had to drag my happy ass there. Not a biggie, only about 3 miles each way.

OK, get home, and it's not that hot outside. I turn the AC waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down to almost off, he comes home and turns it on FULL BLAST. I'm like, it's not like we need to have icicles hanging off of us to be comfortable. He got mad, but didn't change it, when I turned it back down. I told him that if he's hot, take off some clothes, take a cool shower, and get some shorts on. Not like men can't run around in just shorts!!

I didn't run the dishwasher all day, turned off the lights behind everyone (as I usually do anyway), oh, and cleaned my catbox!! LOL

Oh yeah, and found a home for 2 of my kittens!