Official Community Forums Home

Rock My World!

greenkimmy35

• Members

I know my hubby should rock my world when were making love but holy shit does the earth have to move too???

We were in the mist of things when we were hit by a 4.7 earthquake!!!! Scared the crape out of us... barley got robes on before the kids were at our door.

Mind you now my kids are 22, 18 and 15...... LOL. I just finally got everyone settled down and back to bed (this all started at 11:40 pm and it is now 3:20 am).

In the last 36 hours we have had close to 40 quakes at a 3.0 or higher. The big ones are getting stronger not weaker and has everyone on edge...This is why I am still on the computer after only 4 hours of sleep the night before .....

I woke up at 5:45 am to a quake and 1 of my dogs growling and barking at the floor! He has had it with the earth moving! he spent tonight in my lap... he is a 55lb chow/pit mix.....ugh......

Sorry for rambling but I'm antsy.. I have lived in Reno all my life, been through quakes even bigger than the 4.7 but we have had soooo many in such a short time that we ar all jummping at even cars driving by.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....

Kim

• Members
Wow. That IS scary. Has there been any information on the news as to what's going on?

They arn't sure why so many are hitting us, or why they are getting stronger (it is usualy the other way around). The area that it is happening in is between 8-10 miles from my house. They have been having small quakes there sience Feb. (they are called clusters)... Everyone seemes stumped.

• Members
Do they thing these are a harbinger of "the big one"?

They are dancing around the topic.... Some people are saying yes and others are saying that there is no way to tell....My gut tells me to be ready (wich we are) because were due for one.....

Me and a family member were talking about it a few weeks ago and both agree that it's comming.....

• Members
dfe349bb.gif Do you live in a house that is quake-proof and have a plan for emergency? I would be hysterical.

My house is my childhood home..... It was built in the late 40's early 50's. It is sitting on a full cement slab. We have beems that run through the house and the celing in all toung and grove hardwood. This house isnt going anywhere unless we get a big one.... That's what my hubby tells me any ways LOL.

As old as this house is we have no cracks or anything like that, it's very solid.

• Members

Kim look into where the fault line is and past earthquakes in that area. If you can find a similar type of pattern then you can predict what is coming your way. The geologists in your area aren't going to say anything because they don't want people getting pissed off because they were wrong. Get things secured and fast! I'm talking stuff that can fall, breakables you know what I mean. I know you have been through quakes before but please remember be safe and if a big one is coming I suggest packing up the cars and taking a small road trip.

• Members
Kim look into where the fault line is and past earthquakes in that area. If you can find a similar type of pattern then you can predict what is coming your way. The geologists in your area aren't going to say anything because they don't want people getting pissed off because they were wrong. Get things secured and fast! I'm talking stuff that can fall, breakables you know what I mean. I know you have been through quakes before but please remember be safe and if a big one is coming I suggest packing up the cars and taking a small road trip.

We have falt lines all around and through us..... The problem is that they have never seen anything like this before and are stumped..... we are ready as can be if it comes... started preparing a few weeks ago...

I finally went to sleep at 5:30 this morning and got up at 7:30 to a small quake and felt another one 20-30 min later....

I am tired of jummping at every little movement.... I need a good nights sleep!

Hence why you won't see Tyger moving anywhere near there or Cali!! Sorry to those that live there, but I like good, solid earth (says the girl in hurricane and tornado land). Anyway, I hope you and your family stay safe and that you have fantastic insurance!! Good luck!

• Members
I know my hubby should rock my world when were making love but holy shit does the earth have to move too???

We were in the mist of things when we were hit by a 4.7 earthquake!!!! Scared the crape out of us... barley got robes on before the kids were at our door.

Mind you now my kids are 22, 18 and 15...... LOL. I just finally got everyone settled down and back to bed (this all started at 11:40 pm and it is now 3:20 am).

In the last 36 hours we have had close to 40 quakes at a 3.0 or higher. The big ones are getting stronger not weaker and has everyone on edge...This is why I am still on the computer after only 4 hours of sleep the night before .....

I woke up at 5:45 am to a quake and 1 of my dogs growling and barking at the floor! He has had it with the earth moving! he spent tonight in my lap... he is a 55lb chow/pit mix.....ugh......

Sorry for rambling but I'm antsy.. I have lived in Reno all my life, been through quakes even bigger than the 4.7 but we have had soooo many in such a short time that we ar all jummping at even cars driving by.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....

Kim

That's what I love about the Northeast. Winter is a bear but it never takes us by surprise. If you are not ready for it, it's

your own damn fault!

Anyway, I hope all goes well for you. Above all else Stay Safe.

• Members

I was reading on netscape today, saying that they want them to prepare for the big one! And Tyger I so agree, that is why you won't see me moving out west. I like it on the east coast, I can stand hurricanes. But the thought of the earth shifting under me, I can't do that haha... I hope you guys stay safe and nothing bad happens....

• Members

I live in CT and I vaguely remember a little earthquake when I was little... the plates in the china cabinet shook and one picture fell off the wall.... that's it.

I must have been about 4 or 5.... haven't felt one since. The next day at school we had our routine fire drill, but they included tornado, earthquake and an air raid into it.... lol

Even though the last time a tornado touched down ANYWHERE in CT was the first time in about 15 years or so.... I guess they wanted to cover the bases! =D

• Members

well for the most part it has been quit, only felt a few shakes today (3.0 and lower), They are telling people to have emergancie kits mad and to be preparied for a possiable 6.0!

That was not what we wanted to here! I think I have slept maybe 6 hours in the last 3 days....

Guest eminatic

wow thats wierd, under your location it says you live in NV...i live in NV too but i've never felt a single earthquake or heard talk of it on the news XD

are you way up north?

• Members
wow thats wierd, under your location it says you live in NV...i live in NV too but i've never felt a single earthquake or heard talk of it on the news XD

are you way up north?

I'm in Reno.

• Members

I agree with tyger and boomer! A few years back we had the tiniest of quakes, if i had to go through what your going through, I leave. I don't think I'd wait around for the big one.

Guest eminatic
I'm in Reno.

well that exlpains it XD im in vegas

here we just have HORRIBLE winds that are knocking over trees, newspaper stands and causing all sorts of damage. add to that its HOT wind D: