Official Community Forums Home

Sex During Your Period

• Members
What do you GUYS think?????

I thought it was funny. Looks like he has a few more to listen to also!

• Members

I used to think it was gross till i actuallly done it. It doesn't go so well for me because I get inflammed inside so it makes things a little uncomfortable...but like the day i'm just starting my period or the day i'm ending it then i'm fine. I just keep some baby wipes in the bathroom in our room for us to clean up a little if we are having sex right before bed.

• Members

I was 17 years old and getting on birthcontrol and my doctor asked me about my sex life. i told her i do have sex and she asked if i've ever had sex on my period. I told her no (which was true) she told me i should try it sometime because it's better. well i was nervous to at first, but my boyfriend at the time was totally cool with it. so we did and omg. it was amazing. afterwards i felt kinda gross and just washed up but it wasn't bad at all. i was so worried about getting something on the blankets and that never happend. it soon became a regular thing and i dont even think about it anymore.

hey guys this is my first post!! hi!

-C-

• Members
I was 17 years old and getting on birthcontrol and my doctor asked me about my sex life. i told her i do have sex and she asked if i've ever had sex on my period. I told her no (which was true) she told me i should try it sometime because it's better. well i was nervous to at first, but my boyfriend at the time was totally cool with it. so we did and omg. it was amazing. afterwards i felt kinda gross and just washed up but it wasn't bad at all. i was so worried about getting something on the blankets and that never happend. it soon became a regular thing and i dont even think about it anymore.

hey guys this is my first post!! hi!

-C-

Hi ufnny. Welcome!

• Members

I will say for me it is not my favorite thing to do but if the opp arrises then we will. My SO is not grossed out by it but I am. I think it is because I am not a light bleeder. I will say I must be a lil abnormal though cuz I have read through the posts about Sex helping cramps..not for this girl I get cramps that are out of this world and I will say when we do have sex and if I have cramps it does not help. But anyways just thought I would add my 2 cents. ;)

• Members

My husband and I have done it many times during my period and we do pretty much the same as blissful and his GF do...keep tampon in till we are ready :) not too much mess

• Members

I first went on birthcontrol pills when I was a virgin, and I've never gone off of them. I went on them because my periods were so bad that I developed an iron deficiency, even when I was taking iron supplements, so my doc specifically put me on one of the pills that leaves you with almost no period. I only get light spotting most of the time now, but every so often I get a mini-period, and whether we have sex then depends on how I'm feeling. Sometimes I'm incredibly horny when I'm flowing, sometimes even the thought of having sex leaves me cold. If I'm horny, we have sex, but when I'm on my period and not horny, we've discovered that nothing will get me horny, and I might as well be a cold fish. Lucky for us, I only actually get those mini-periods 2 or 3 times a year, and my SO is very understanding when it happens.

• Members

We go through phases of both. It is my hang up though, not his. I ususally am more turned on during my cycle though. I absolutely will not let him go down on me though (again my hang up, not his). I am a light bleeder and always shower before and after. There rarely is any mess for us thankfully.

• Members
There is a product i mentioned before called Instead. It fits inside you like a diaphragm and collects the menstrual blood. So it's like a tampon but can't be felt during sex because it's up against the cervix like a real contraceptive diaphragm. So you can use this while you are on your period and want to have sex. There should be no blood flow at all.

Give it a try. You can get it at Target.

Pinky - you rock! I couldn't find "Instead" at Target. Tried K-Mart, WalMart, Walgreens.. you name it. I got them online at drugstore.com (I think that's it - easy enough to find if you google.)

The rim is a little harder and wider than a diaphram, but just as easy to put in and take out. He never felt a thing. I was nervous about it shifting and worried about leakage, but everything was fine. The only thing - it's a little messy to get out.

But that was well worth it.

Thanks again. ~cyb.