Official Community Forums Home

Sex During Your Period

• Members

What do you SO's think? It is an avenue that you don't like to travel or is it cool with you? I wonder what the general consensus is...

I have mixed feelings. My husband is reluctant but there have been times that we just cant help ourselves. We used a towel and limited what we did in particular. We have definitely learned how to make it work if we are in the mood but there have been times that I was so grossed out afterward I swore I wouldn't do it again and then we do...

Check out the song "Down to the Old Pub Instead" on this Stephen Lynch page. I almost peed myself laughing!

http://www.myspace.com/stephenlynchsongs C'mon you HAVE to listen to the song!

• Members

Generally, we do not let this stop us at all. My husband and I do not find this particularly "gross," as you said. It is a natural process. Not to mention, when you are truely in love, you will do just about anything together or overlook almost anything...

Also, I find that the flow, even a heavy one, will nearly stop completely, once aroused - don't know if this is just me, but I doubt it.

Do what is comfortable for you and your mate. ;)

• Review Team

It's all a matter of preference. The first guy I was with thought it was horrible, my SO doesn't care one bit. It's whatever you're comfortable with. Even if sex on your period isn't your cup of tea, here's something interesting: In many women, an orgasm during your period will lessen menstrual cramps :D

• Members
no sex while i am on my period, for the entirety of my period. no exceptions <_<

Wow... do you have it right now??? LOL just kidding!!!

• Members

I have to admit, my hubby and I do at times. I work out of town 3 days a week so sometimes you just need it. I don't mind it at all, and the cramps thing is true! And sometimes I just seem hornier on my period, maybe thats just me... Generally a shower happens afterward. But it is all about perference. And with having a child you also have to get it when you can!

• Members

There is a product i mentioned before called Instead. It fits inside you like a diaphragm and collects the menstrual blood. So it's like a tampon but can't be felt during sex because it's up against the cervix like a real contraceptive diaphragm. So you can use this while you are on your period and want to have sex. There should be no blood flow at all.

Give it a try. You can get it at Target.

• Members
I have to admit, my hubby and I do at times. I work out of town 3 days a week so sometimes you just need it. I don't mind it at all, and the cramps thing is true! And sometimes I just seem hornier on my period, maybe thats just me... Generally a shower happens afterward. But it is all about perference. And with having a child you also have to get it when you can!

That reminds me, shower sex is also a great option while on your period! No mess to worry about, and men who are not particularly open to sex during periods may opt for this, too. I think this is how we began not caring about period sex - did it in the shower during my time and Hubby eventually just said, "Fuck it!" and didn't care anymore! :lol:

• Members

We have sex whenever we're in the mood. My period doesn't faze him or me. We throw a towel down and have at each other.

Blood washes off, and the orgasm for me is intense and seems to help my flow get over quicker. Also for me orgasm really helps with cramps.

As my husband says "Who never played in the mud when they were a kid and didn't love it. :lol:

• Members

This is a question that gets asked over and over -- which is fine, of course. People want to know if they're "normal" for saying sex during a woman's period is okay.... or people want confirmation that it's okay to say "no way" during that time. To each her own. We personally don't have any issues with it -- we get so messy with lubes, sweat and natural juices, a little blood is just one more thing. It's mine. It's natural.

-- If you're both in the mood to love on each other, why not just do it?

-- Sex helps many women's period cramps vanish and helps the flow to stop more quickly.

-- Put down a towel to minimize the mess -- and then share a shower afterwards... that can lead to shower sex which is yummy.

(Aiden, I love your husband's quote! Hehe! Thurisas and I just came in from planting trees in the rain -- playing in the mud -- and we were laughing the whole time. :))

• Members

My SO won't penatrate me while I am on my period. he has a 'thing' about it, and I'm not going to put any pressure on him if it makes him uncomfortable.

I will give him oral, and he will masterbate me with his fingers. This is okay, it takes the edge off.

My flow is heavy, and I am over it in 3 or 4 days.

Things I have noticed: The week before my period, I am insatiatiable. There is no such thing as to much.

An orgasm helps my cramps, too.

He can tell me, off the top of his head, without looking at the calendar, what the date of my next period is.

This month it came a day late, and you would have thought Disney Land was open 24/7 for him only. He made good use of his extra 24 hours. :P

He can be so funny and sweet.

What comedian complained that God put a waste disposal site right in the middle of a great recreational area? Anybody else remember that one?

• Members

With my ex it was always off limits. With my new SO. We have been together abotu 4 months. Well the night before Valentine's Day we were going to have our night out for the holiday since he had to fly out for business the next day. He made all the reservations and everything was going to be perfect. We were laying there relaxing when I just had a feeling so I went into the bathroom and it was confirmed. I came out all upset and he was completely confused. SO I told him and he started laughing he was like no big deal that won't bother me....so since then it has been perfectly fine. I agree about the cramps. I normally have them horribly that month I didnt' have any. I joked with him and told him I knew there was a reason I had him around...lol.

• Members

I used to be totally grossed out by my own blood, I didn't want to come into contact with it... period sex is actually what helped change that! :lol:

After the first time, I realized it wasn't so bad. Most of the time the mess is pretty minimal, and even on the rare occasion when it looked like we'd murdered someone (LOL) you can, as mentioned, just share a shower afterwards. I'm a lot more comfortable with menstruation in general thanks to that experience.

• Members
What do you SO's think? It is an avenue that you don't like to travel or is it cool with you? I wonder what the general consensus is...

I have mixed feelings. My husband is reluctant but there have been times that we just cant help ourselves. We used a towel and limited what we did in particular. We have definitely learned how to make it work if we are in the mood but there have been times that I was so grossed out afterward I swore I wouldn't do it again and then we do...

Check out the song "Down to the Old Pub Instead" on this Stephen Lynch page. I almost peed myself laughing!

What do you GUYS think?????

• Members

well, i have no problem with it but i did get bummed out last year by it. i rarely ever get my husband to give me oral sex (he claims he doesn't like it but won't say why) but i was going to get on my honeymoon. however, OF COURSE, i had my period. needless to say, he braved one lick after i showered, then that was that for oral sex. sigh.

• Members

The only time I wouldn't want oral is when I have my period, I don't think it's because he wouldn't, because not much fazes him.

• Members

There is absolutely nothing disgusting in my mind in having sex during my wife's period. In fact, I feel I am doing her a service by making her duration and cramps less. ;) Seriously though, there is no reason to be disgusted in my mind. Blood is just another bodily juice...so what if it isn't clear or milky like a woman's natural lubrication?

Randy.

• Members

I can't believe that any guy, when faced with the option of getting laid, would turn it down because of a little blood...

My suggestion for those who do have sex during that time... buy some good thick DARK PURPLE towels. We lay them down under us, and then don't care what "drips". Good, soft cotton terry towels are actually pretty nice to lay on too... not really an inconvenience at all.

My sweetie and I live some distance apart, so when we have time together, we don't let little things get in the way of passion.

And as far as oral goes... When she's flowing, she usually showers, then comes to bed, tampon in place... that way, I'm not tasting blood... when she's good and aroused, she removes the tampon, and things proceed. All in all it goes pretty normally otherwise... nothing to freak over.

Of course, if you're with a stranger, or a casual acquaintance, the normal rules of safe sex apply, with blood being a carrier of disease.

Anyone here a Doc? What is the difference (if any) between the risks of coming in contact with menstrual blood versus regular blood?

• Members
I can't believe that any guy, when faced with the option of getting laid, would turn it down because of a little blood...

My suggestion for those who do have sex during that time... buy some good thick DARK PURPLE towels. We lay them down under us, and then don't care what "drips". Good, soft cotton terry towels are actually pretty nice to lay on too... not really an inconvenience at all.

My sweetie and I live some distance apart, so when we have time together, we don't let little things get in the way of passion.

And as far as oral goes... When she's flowing, she usually showers, then comes to bed, tampon in place... that way, I'm not tasting blood... when she's good and aroused, she removes the tampon, and things proceed. All in all it goes pretty normally otherwise... nothing to freak over.

Of course, if you're with a stranger, or a casual acquaintance, the normal rules of safe sex apply, with blood being a carrier of disease.

Anyone here a Doc? What is the difference (if any) between the risks of coming in contact with menstrual blood versus regular blood?

Hi Bliss, not a Dr, but have worked in medical facilities. Blood is blood and menstrual blood carries any pathogens that blood from anywhere else does.

I like the tampon idea, and the advice on strangers and casual sex. Safe sex is a priority if you're not in a monogamous relationship.

• Members

My boyfriend actually encourages me to have sex with him when I have my period... we just put down an old shirt or something underneath us and he stays on top.... He knows it helps me with my cramps (like, a LOT!) and he's REALLY understanding about it all.

If I have my period but can't have sex for whatever reason, he will often finger my clit to help me orgasm (also helps with my cramps) or will do a deep massage on my stomach or just hold pressure on my stomach while we watch a movie together... He's really great about it all and I'm very thankful to have him during my good and bad times.... <3

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I have an IUD that stops my period so it not a issue anymore, however, it never stopped us unless I had really bad cramps which was seldom. Sometimes it was even more enjoyable, because of vaginal heightened sensitivity.

• Members
What comedian complained that God put a waste disposal site right in the middle of a great recreational area? Anybody else remember that one?

Robin Williams!

BF doesn't care. Also, if you use white towels and then just bleach them in hot water, you destroy the heme in the hemoglobin and it breaks down the blood better than trying to get it out of colored towels :)

• Members

I just listened to that song. It is very funny. Thanks