Official Community Forums Home

Why Add To Life's Normal Drama?

Tyger

OK, well, this girl that I had THOUGHT was a friend really has proven to be a royal PITA bitch. Thankfully, I found this out a year ago, and have since ended my friendship with her.

I found her to be a liar, drama queen, user, and a looser. She has lied blatantly to my face about several things, used my IL's for the rental house they had (used ME to get in there) and then stopped paying rent, used the guy that we board our horses at (never paying him back, her horses DESTROYED a stall that she said she'd fix but hasn't, or finishing off paying for a horse), and NOW I've found out she's been lying (again) about a couple of things.

The first one happened a while ago, when a friend of ourse was dating her, but he smartened up. She told him that my husband backed her up to the wall at a party we were all at, at HER house, and tried to have sex with her. First off, she is SOOO not his type, :rolleyes: Second, at this party, I WAS there, and he wasn't out of my site for more than a few minutes when he went to the bathroom. Either, or, I was always able to see either one of them or both. Thankfully, I trust my husband enough to know that he wouldn't even try that anyway. I may bitch about him sometimes, but I know he wouldn't cheat.

The most recent is that she just up and quit her job, and told her boss that she had been talking to my husband saying that her ex (our friend who also works at the same company) has it in for her. Well, she has NOT been speaking to my DH, he dislikes her to the extreme, and I don't appreciate the lies.

She is always a victim, everyone's after her, and nobody trusts her. She up and quit her job (she lives with her parents with her 2, count 'em, 2 kids) cuz our friend reported to their boss several instances of her blatantly going against him about company vehicle policies. So, she tried making it sound like she just "couldn't work under those conditions". Why? Cuz you got busted for doing shit you're not suppose too? Deal with it.

What's sad, is that she's only about a month older than I. I thought high school was over a long time ago! The few things I expect from my friends is:

1) Don't lie to me. Be honest. Own up to your mistakes, but don't lie about them. Everyone does crap they're not proud of, but that's life. Live & learn.

2) Don't use me. I am happy to help out, however, there WILL come a point where I will start saying HELL NO if you get too demanding. I am now known as a bitch cuz I've been able to say NO & mean it.

3) If you have a problem with me, shut the f*ck up to everyone else, tell ME about it, so I can either explain it, fix it, or tell you to get over it. If I don't know there's a problem, then it's not MY problem.

4)I'm here for you. But there will be times that I will need someone too. Hence the term "friendship". It's not a one-way street, darlin'.

5)Leave the drama at your high school. Why make it up??? Life is dramatic enough at times, especially with kids & single parents. Why make it more?? Grow the F up!

I guess maybe for a lot of people, that's just a helluva lot to ask. Unfortunately, now, especially with many of the people in this particular area, I've learned that you can't trust most people to do as they say they will, don't trust 75% of what's said, and don't loan stuff out or allow people to make payments cuz you'll never see it. I won't speak up for anyone, recommend anyone for anything, loan stuff out, or offer to help out if it's going to cause me the least bit of inconvenience (unless you're one of my older friends that is).

Took me 4 yrs here to learn that. Which is sad, cuz, most Texans are really nice & sweet, just not so much in this particular area. I say that cuz it's the "poorest" counties in TX, and, with that, comes the infamous "Welfare Mentality" where many (but certainly not all) of the poorer people think that they are entitled to everything they can get for the sole reason that they are poor and they shouldn't have to work for anything. They're gonna take advantage of what they can, who they can, and whenever they can. Hell, we're not "poor", but our bills are paid, we have food in the cupboard, but we don't have a lot of "play money" either. We work hard for what we have, and don't expect help. I got suckered in a few times cuz I am a bit (or was) too trusting and nice. Well, not anymore.

I don't appreciate people lying about me or my DH. Marriage is hard enough without the idiots around adding drama and making it harder. It's a good thing I do trust him and know what kind of person he is. If I wasn't secure as I am with him, things could've gotten ugly!

Sorry for the long rant..... :P

• Members

awwww sweetie im sorry your dealing with all this!! i know exactly how you feel. thats why i only have a few real friends IRL. i just cant handle the drama, i got enough of my own. dont you just wanna yell "your a grown ass woman, grow up already"

i know exactly what you mean by the "welfare mentality" its all over the place here to. a girl i used to work with used to work for the housing authority(they handle welfare ands such here). and she said ppl would come in in there tommy gear, and polo, and get there food stamps, and she would see them getting into brand new cars and such, and yet, they would turn away a single mother with 4 kids, who left her abusive hubby!! and when ppl actually need help, they cant get it, because the leaches are taking it all. its one thing if you need it, its another to milk the system and be lazy.

• Members

I have had the same things happening over the last couple years. When I used to have tons of friends, now I have a good handful of TRUE friends! Gotta put the trash on the curb, ya know!

Sorry about all this, you don't deserve or need it!

• Members

Aww, I'm so sorry you had to deal with crap like that. Please don't let it ruin your sense of giving. That is the worse thing that can happen. Yes, look at it as a lesson learned (and remember that lesson), but don't let it harden you. Not all people are like that. Plus, it's great when you finally find a "grown-up" friend that the two of you are there for each other, not a onesided thing....that sooo sounds wrong...lol. Anyway, sorry you had to go through that. TNT

• Members
Aww, I'm so sorry you had to deal with crap like that. Please don't let it ruin your sense of giving. That is the worse thing that can happen. Yes, look at it as a lesson learned (and remember that lesson), but don't let it harden you. Not all people are like that. Plus, it's great when you finally find a "grown-up" friend that the two of you are there for each other, not a onesided thing....that sooo sounds wrong...lol. Anyway, sorry you had to go through that. TNT

I agree. Try not to let it harden you because there are people out there who make trusting, lifelong friends. When you get slammed by one who you thought was okay it makes it even harder.

I was in counseling once and the psychologist told me to get rid of all the people in my life who stressed me out (big time, not little time) because life is too short to put up with that s**t. So i did, now I have 3 really good friends who i'd trust with my life. I learned that the best way to sour a relationship is to put money into it...no lending or promised to pay back because you inevitably get screwed.

Sorry you are going through this...life is stressful enough without added drama.

• Members

Tyger,

You are well off without her. I'd rather have one good friend I can count on no matter what, than a handful of aquaintances.

• Members
OK, well, this girl that I had THOUGHT was a friend really has proven to be a royal PITA bitch. Thankfully, I found this out a year ago, and have since ended my friendship with her.

I found her to be a liar, drama queen, user, and a looser. She has lied blatantly to my face about several things, used my IL's for the rental house they had (used ME to get in there) and then stopped paying rent, used the guy that we board our horses at (never paying him back, her horses DESTROYED a stall that she said she'd fix but hasn't, or finishing off paying for a horse), and NOW I've found out she's been lying (again) about a couple of things....

:P

UGGGGHHHH I hate that shit! It is clear that she has major issues! My sister is a compulsive liar. She drives me nuts!!! I have learned to just keep her at arms length and take everything she says with a grain of salt. It sucks that people have to be like that!

Thanks all. I have about 3 really close friends. Several casual friends, & a few online "close" friends (as close as you can get for not meeting IRL).

• Members

Seems obvious to me that she

1)has no life of her own, so she needs to make her own excitement

2) Is envious of what you have going on in your life, and wants to bring you down

Not the kind of person you need in your life ~ You are smart to kick her to the curb.

With her past behavior, I doubt anybody believes much of what she says, anyway. I think most ppl are smart enough to see her for what she is.

Don't lose any sleep over what she says about you or your honey, keep living your sweet life and let her destroy hers.

• Members

Aww my sweet Tyger you know that if your hubby was gonna sleep with a friend he would choose the best looking and that would be me lmao!!!!!!!! I am sorry the drama has hit you again Damn gas prices if they weren't so high you know where I would take my vaca!!