Official Community Forums Home

What To Do, What To Do....

Tyger

I have the possible opportunity to be the proud owner of a 1981 Pontiac Trans Am, which was redone as a show car.

Pluses: It's the royal blue color I LOVE, new tires, rebuilt motor, and is one of the 2 styles that I really really love!!! I've always regretted selling my 1989 Firebird. I kick myself everday for selling that car! The man that has it, is willing to make a trade. New tires as of this week. It's a t-top that doesn't leak. He restores old cars, and he's really good about taking care of vehicles. He lives right here in the neighborhood. My husband promised to buy me a Firebird/Trans Am, but that was 3 yrs ago, and with everything that we want/have to do, I'm not seeing that happen in the near future whatsoever. Hubby wants to hear/drive the car before anything is finalized.

Drawbacks:

I would have to even trade my Baja for it. The gas uasage/prices would go up, but the insurance WAY down.....even with full coverage. I won't have the bed to help with horse stuff. My daughter doesn't want me to trade it at all. She loves my "cuck".

I was really nice, and told hubby about this BEFORE I talked to the guy more about it. Even though the Baja's in MY name only, so he really doesn't have a say in it. The seller's wife REALLY loves my vehicle, and always comments on it, and asks questions about it. I need to look at the car up close and personal, drive it, and see if this is what I want to do. Show cars go for about what my car is worth in a private sale, so I wouldn't be out anything money wise really.

What to do, what to do!!

• Members

I LOVE Firebirds too!!! I would die trying to decide. 1981_mr.jpg Does she look like this? It's hard I am going to probably resort to a minivan soon! It sucks to have to be practical. Maybe you could just buy it and keep the Baja. Is there any way?

Yes, we have a truck (hubby's), to get the other horse stuff, and haul the trailer, but the Baja makes it SOOO much easier (though lugging hay isn't THAT terrible either).

No, we can't afford to buy the Trans Am, and keep the Baja, no way to do that at this time......and yes, that's about what it looks like!!

I've done practical for 4 yrs, I just worry I will regret it either way.......I love my "cuck", but have always loved those cars. I will probably go for it, and some people will consider me an idiot! LOL :rolleyes::lol:

I guess I'd better test-drive the car, and then decide. Could be that the thing is a POS in disguise....though I doubt it.

• Members
Yes, we have a truck (hubby's), to get the other horse stuff, and haul the trailer, but the Baja makes it SOOO much easier (though lugging hay isn't THAT terrible either).

No, we can't afford to buy the Trans Am, and keep the Baja, no way to do that at this time......and yes, that's about what it looks like!!

I've done practical for 4 yrs, I just worry I will regret it either way.......I love my "cuck", but have always loved those cars. I will probably go for it, and some people will consider me an idiot! LOL :rolleyes::lol:

I guess I'd better test-drive the car, and then decide. Could be that the thing is a POS in disguise....though I doubt it.

You can just blame it on a "mid life crisis". It's not like you have 3 kids. She can still sit in the back. Plus how hot would you look in that TA! With the t tops off! WOO HOO! Just the sound of that car is so sexy to me... What does Hubby think? If you buy it you have to post a pic of you in it! Maybe on your website :)

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards going for it!! LOL

• Members

Tyger you are the one that knows hubby best and how he may react if you do this. Just remember that you have to live with him!

Oh, I already spoke with him about it. He's fine with it. Besides, he's snuck in a few large purchases without even consulting me, so he really can't say anything. Besides, my car's in my name only, just like his truck's in his name only. I always have insisted on that. Now, if there was a car payment involved, I would DEFINITELY take his side into consideration.

• Members

At least you have taken the path less traveled. You have spoken with him about this matter! Regardless of who owns what on paper it is still a household decision when you are married!

• Members

SO????? what'd ya do?????