Official Community Forums Home

To Everyone Who Has Or May Take A Child Anywhere!

pappyld04

• Members

:lol:

he came up and said "oh what a cute little boy you have" my mommy instincts instantly kicked in, i quickly said thanks and started to walk away. he grabbed the cart and said "why don't you go get your car, and i will stay here with the baby" i said "NO" and tried to get around him. he grabbed the cart with 2 hands and said "no really i insist" i yelled real loud "BACK OFF ASSHOLE"

i whipped the cart around and went back into the store.

the thing that gets me, is that there were ppl around who heard and saw this and they did NOTHING. just kept walking and minding there own business.

What the FUCK.

Reminds me of something that happened to me, actually, when I was 18 or so. Yes, 18, but I looked 14-15 to be honest. Not exactly a little kid, but definitely still young enough to be a target for that kind of thing.

I was at Walmart with my mom and some guy, maybe 40-ish, was behind us in the checkout line. My mom walked off to look at something and the guy leans real close and says "is that an orchid in your basket?" I said yes, and he said "You have excellent taste" in a way that absolutely made my skin crawl. He couldn't have gotten away with anything in that situation even if he had the mind to, but I still remember that to this day. I just knew something was not right about him.

Another time two friends and I were sitting around in a boat at a Bass Pro Shop (or some similar place, I don't recall,) waiting on our dads to finish looking around, and two middle-aged men passed by and my friend heard one whisper under his breath to the other, "I'd like to be their captain!" We were 13.

• Members
:lol:

What the FUCK.

Reminds me of something that happened to me, actually, when I was 18 or so. Yes, 18, but I looked 14-15 to be honest. Not exactly a little kid, but definitely still young enough to be a target for that kind of thing.

I was at Walmart with my mom and some guy, maybe 40-ish, was behind us in the checkout line. My mom walked off to look at something and the guy leans real close and says "is that an orchid in your basket?" I said yes, and he said "You have excellent taste" in a way that absolutely made my skin crawl. He couldn't have gotten away with anything in that situation even if he had the mind to, but I still remember that to this day. I just knew something was not right about him.

Another time two friends and I were sitting around in a boat at a Bass Pro Shop (or some similar place, I don't recall,) waiting on our dads to finish looking around, and two middle-aged men passed by and my friend heard one whisper under his breath to the other, "I'd like to be their captain!" We were 13.

yep..i guess because i was young. and i looked even younger, he thought i would be stupid and nieve. yeah right, think again asshole.

its amazing how your sensors go off when something about someone is just not right.

Guest eminatic

yeesh and to think when i was little my parents would always let me and my siblings stay in the toy aisle while my parents did their shopping :lol:

• Members
yeesh and to think when i was little my parents would always let me and my siblings stay in the toy aisle while my parents did their shopping :lol:

Mine did too! So creepy to think about what might've/could've been lurking around.

I worry so much about my 4 nephews and my 3 nieces. The only "scary" instance I can remember is when my baby niece was around 3 or 4 and she would wonder around the store while her dad would keep a half-eye on her, she walked up to a random man whom she thought was her dad and grabbed his hand. It wasn't until she looked up at him that she started crying cause she realized it wasn't who she thought it was. We laughed at that years and years ago, but she could've never returned to us. Such a scary world we live in now.

Guest eminatic

i guess that explains why at Target, if there is ever a lost child it is simply paged (or more preferably announced on the walkie talkie ear pieces) as "code yellow" the procedure is that security immediately stands by the doors to prevent the child from leaving the building, and everyone else is supposed to be on the lookout.

• Members

I would think that a secure lockdown of the entire building would be more sufficient. I doubt many customers would complain about the holdup if a child's safety is at stake. Since most businesses have people stationed at the doors they could easily step outside at that time to sweep the parking lot also just in case they had gotten that far!

• Members

I hate seeing what's become of Code Adam/Amber Alert. I have never once been in a store where they actually locked it down in a code adam. Originally the code was an alert saying to shut the doors down immediately and completely. No one in, no one out, until the child has been recovered. Now it's "oh, another one of those damn code things. -keeps walking-" Kinda the same thing with Amber Alerts - it's become like faces on milk cartons, no one really pays attention to them anymore because they've become so...common. =/

Guest eminatic
I doubt many customers would complain about the holdup if a child's safety is at stake.

you'd be surprised. i once had a lady pass out and crack her head open because she hit it on the way down, and customers began yelling at me that THE PARAMEDICS WERE IN THE WAY. whats really sad is the paramedics were not truly blocking access to ANY part of the store, they were just blocking the center aisle which meant you only needed to walk AROUND them.

• Members
I hate seeing what's become of Code Adam/Amber Alert. I have never once been in a store where they actually locked it down in a code adam. Originally the code was an alert saying to shut the doors down immediately and completely. No one in, no one out, until the child has been recovered. Now it's "oh, another one of those damn code things. -keeps walking-" Kinda the same thing with Amber Alerts - it's become like faces on milk cartons, no one really pays attention to them anymore because they've become so...common. =/

I thought they were supposed to lock it down also. The Amber alerts however I really do think they do some good at least. If they believe the child is already out of the area there's a lot to be said for those few and far between people that aren't afraid to get involved if they see something. The ones I recall have all had the end result of finding the child. Just some not in time. AMW works on that same basis but it seems that some people only call if there is a reward.

• Members
you'd be surprised. i once had a lady pass out and crack her head open because she hit it on the way down, and customers began yelling at me that THE PARAMEDICS WERE IN THE WAY. whats really sad is the paramedics were not truly blocking access to ANY part of the store, they were just blocking the center aisle which meant you only needed to walk AROUND them.

That is just wrong in so many ways. I may joke around with the new kids about not giving someone CPR. I usually tell them that I just walk over and kick the person and if they move stir then I roll them out of the way. Not funny I know unless you understand my workplace and some of the people but it's also just BS. I've been trained and certified and wouldn't hesitate to use it. I think some people are in serious need of a reality check!

• Members

Dam! That's even worse than the lady getting hurt!

• Members

OMG!! The society we live in today is scarey!!! People stepping over someone who fell down WTF??? Pappy yeah I heard about an incident kinda like that, which happend at a Target here. I am glad that I have ALWAYS kept my children either in the cart, or there hand on the cart. Hell my oldest when he goes to the store with me and he is now 19 still puts his hand on the cart. LOL I tell him what are you doing he says I cant help it you drilled it into my head when I was little I even hold the cart when my gf and I goto the store. <_<

Also please no one take offense to this but I can't remember who posted it saying that thier children are either in the cart or on a harness. I don't believe in harnessing children they aren't dogs. When my oldest was young there was no such thing as harness for children or leashes. Just my opinion here of course on that subject to I have had 5 children, firm disipline and consistance works well.

In this day in age ever parent should be extra cautious with there children and just because you may have a male child it can happen to him to. I don't know what ismaking parents so lazy in today society when it is only getting worse. People that do this type of thing to children make me sick and I honestly cant understand what the hell they are thinking!! To many damn sick people in this world. Now I am just rambling but child molestors and anyone that finds a child attractive in a sexual way makes me want to puke. I think they all need to be on there on island somewhere. Okay think I am done rambling and ranting.

• Members

Atlantis sounds like a perfect island for them!

• Members

Kat..

No, children are not animals, but sometimes those harneses are worth their weight in gold.

When my youngest brother was 3, we went to Cedar Point, we took him to go see the little kids amusement area.

He somehow or another slipped away from my mom.

My mom, my step sister, step brother, our boyfriends and my other brother and i all spent the next 6 hours looking for him.

We found him, luckily.

He was waiting in the line for the biggest baddest roller coaster at that time.

No one seemed to notice a 3 yr old standing in line for a roller coaster.

After that, my mom bought 3 harnesses, one for my two younger brothers, and one for me, and I was 15!!

Good thing she did though, my youngest brother kept trying to get away from her.

The only thing that kept im in check was that silly harness.

Anyways, I don't harness the girls anymore.

I used to when they were much smaller and would try and play hide and seek in the clothing racks.

Or when we would go to a very crowded area, like the amusment partk.

Anyways, I guess the point is, it all is a mater of preferance, and each parent has their own way of doing things.

Don't get me wrong here hon,

Some paretns are against them, and others are for them.

For me, when a child is very small, they are good, hen they get old enough to know the rules, then they do not need to be used.

Please don't hurt me *cowers*