Official Community Forums Home

Why Are Some Guys Such Jerks?

toohotcatmom

• Members

Recently I had a friend meet a new guy. They were hot and heavy for a short time, but decided after a while that they'd just be friends. Well - as I could have told her - he avoids her - doesn't return her calls, emails. I told her that the reason was he was a jerk...got what he wanted and then cut her loose.

I'm just curious...why do guys do this? Lord knows it's happened to a lot of women....

Opinions please?

• Members

My opinion is that men like that prey on women, they know what to look for and they dive in. They jerks simply because we allow them to be. I fall for them all the time, ALL THE TIME. And by now I know what to look for but I choose to over look it. that's just my thoughts though.

• Members

Some men just do it cause that's the way they are raised. Others cause they fear cominment. Some do it because most women (NOT ALL) "most" women think that all men are that way so the men think why bother trying to get the women to notice I'm different. The guys on TooTimid though that I have met do their damnest to make sure that women realize that one guy doesn't repersent us all. I sadly am having a huge strugle with my dick right now. No worries I will have things under control here by next week.

• Members

There are a couple of reasons, I suppose, that this might happen.

Primaly, why waste time on a woman who has no interest in furthering the relationship to the natural conclusion that should come of it? Do you think Thog would waste his time with Urka if Ugga was willing?

Socially, how many times have you seen another woman get jealous because a guy has female friends? Many guys may think that to have female friends is a sure way to kill a chance at a good lovelife.

Mostly, though, immaturity has everything to do with it. So you have to ask yourself, why should you be upset that someone with such an immature attitude is dropping you like a hot potato? Take it for the blessing it is, move on, and find the guy that actually fits with your personality and temrament.

Randy.

• Members

It's funny that people only see this as one-sided. In case you haven't seen what is out here nowadays there afe too many idiots that believe they are popcorn pimpin' or playing some guy for a sugar daddy! This will happen every time to someone who puts out on the first date because men know that she is too easy. (Clue: if she put out for me there is no way I can trust her around other guys)! Getting the picture here? Guys are insecure as hell and this just adds to the list for them.

• Members

I think Pappy and Poon are right. There are both men and women of this specific variety. I'm tell you they know what to look for and what to target, both male and female. I think part of the reason we tend to only think of men as jerks, is that women are more vocal about getting hurt.

• Members

I know more women that do this than men, and they are ruthless. They play to get what they want.

• Members
Recently I had a friend meet a new guy. They were hot and heavy for a short time, but decided after a while that they'd just be friends. Well - as I could have told her - he avoids her - doesn't return her calls, emails. I told her that the reason was he was a jerk...got what he wanted and then cut her loose.

I'm just curious...why do guys do this? Lord knows it's happened to a lot of women....

Opinions please?

2hot, you say "they" decided to be friends. Did she call him, try to keep him in her life, or expect him to do the work of keeping up a friendship? Friendship takes constant monitoring and upkeep. Both sides must be interested. I have had friends who tell their lover they want to be friends after the break-up, only to expect the man to keep calling.

I don't know about having someone on the line or on the side when a relationship goes down..At my age i am lucky to get even one going! And if it is mostly for sex? Well, I have to accept that. And Poon, I disagree. If i put out for you, I wouldn't put out for your friends. You're special! ;)

• Members
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO Yeah, you go girl. don't stop there, keep a goin, tell it like it is, right on!!!!! :lol::lol:

Now wait a tick, we are all agreeing that women do this just as much as men. I said earlier that the reason the idea is that men do this more is that women tend to be more vocal about getting hurt.