Official Community Forums Home

Cyberskin Toys

• Members

Ok, I just read something on this site that said Cyberskin toys should not be mixed with silicone lubes. I then looked at the packaging for the 'College Stud' toy

that is made with Cyberskin and nowhere on the package does it say its made with silicone. So is Cyberskin made with silicone or is this just another rule I should have known? :unsure:

• Members
Ok, I just read something on this site that said Cyberskin toys should not be mixed with silicone lubes. I then looked at the packaging for the 'College Stud' toy

that is made with Cyberskin and nowhere on the package does it say its made with silicone. So is Cyberskin made with silicone or is this just another rule I should have known? :unsure:

I think it's just a rule that we're supposed to know. It's like i got a toy from here that was listed as waterproof on here, but not on the package. I dunno.

• Members

Alot of toys don't say what they are made of on the package. One of mine just says for use with the lube the company makes. But when I looked at the manufactures website found out it was part silicone (its a jelly toy) you have to just be careful and vigilant.

• Members

If in doubt use water based lube. Silicone and cyberskin are not a good mix.

Guest eminatic

i had the same problem when the only description on both the packaging and the TT website was "UR3" i was like "well i dont see the word SILICONE anywhere on it" :lol: then after google-ing it i found to my dismay that it was indeed made of silicone <_< i try to steer clear of silicone toys as they are a bit high maintenance, break easily and do not last very long. not sure if this is allowed but eden fantasys has a very nice list of materials and their care which i found to be incredibly helpful:

http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-guides-and...ides/materials/

• Members

I own a few cyberskin toys. Yes the rule is not to use Silicone lube with Cyberskin products or Silicone products since it will destroy your product. Alot of the times the toys do not say what they are made with, but after owning a few you will get to know what they are made of. Most of the products here have reviews, and I know that most of us that are reviewers list what type of lube is good with this product, what lube not to use, and also try to say what the product is made of.

Also with Cyberskin products, once they are washed with a little antibacterial soap and water, dust it with some talic powder, it will help it keep its "Real " type feel. I store all my cyberskin toys in a plastic zip lock bag, with powder in it. Also I use the TT lube here on the site with mine since it is water-based and a little really does go along way.

I hope you enjoy your "College Stud""

Best of luck!!

• Members

Thank you every one, I never knew!!

Katprr-The plastic bag and powder hint was very helpful, since I end up throwing away all the packaging because it gets to bulky.

PS- My collage stud is tireless I wish I knew this in my 20's, I wouldn't have been such a "nice girl"..........Better late than never :D

Guest eminatic

just thought i'd throw in that apparently TALC powder has been linked to cervical cancer so you should use cornstarch instead. (also cornstarch draws moisture out of everything better anyway :) )

• Members

Also, when you are done playing with your "College Stud" make sure you let him dry out for a good 24hrs that is what I do with most of my toys. Not sure if I added that our not. LOL

• Members

Thanks for the FYI in the talc powder I will use corn starch

Leaving out the toys for 24hrs, hmmm, might be tuff. Is that just to make sure it's fully dry, and nothing grows on it or the material doesn't breaks down?

• Members

This is so weird because when I bought my Cyberskin toy I specifically asked if silicone lube was OK to use and the guy said yes! I use Ky silk which I thought was silicone based but I read the ingredients and it isn't. it is "Propylene Glycol, PEG 400, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Tocopherol" No water no silicone and it is slick and long lasting...

This is so weird because when I bought my Cyberskin toy I specifically asked if silicone lube was OK to use and the guy said yes! I use Ky silk which I thought was silicone based but I read the ingredients and it isn't. it is "Propylene Glycol, PEG 400, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Tocopherol" No water no silicone and it is slick and long lasting...

Usually (but not always), if a lube is NOT water-based, it's silicone based. The ingredients listed are the chemical make up of the products. They have too. It won't just say "silicone" on the ingredients. These are things that people need to learn on their own. As more "experienced" toy & lube users grow to know these things, I'm sure that it can be frustrating if you don't know it, if you're new to all of this.

BTW, if it's the KY Sensual Silk Warming & Silk-E, it is water-based. It does say so on the box/packaging as well. Plus, most of the ingredients that were listed above are water-soluable (they break down in water), or have water in the mixture.

Researching what chemical is what is made A LOT easier thru the WWW now though it can be time-consuming. But it's FANTASTIC if you have allergies, or have an allergic reaction. It helps pinpoint which ingredient you have to look out for.

• Members
Usually (but not always), if a lube is NOT water-based, it's silicone based. The ingredients listed are the chemical make up of the products. They have too. It won't just say "silicone" on the ingredients. These are things that people need to learn on their own. As more "experienced" toy & lube users grow to know these things, I'm sure that it can be frustrating if you don't know it, if you're new to all of this.

BTW, if it's the KY Sensual Silk Warming & Silk-E, it is water-based. It does say so on the box/packaging as well. Plus, most of the ingredients that were listed above are water-soluable (they break down in water), or have water in the mixture.

Researching what chemical is what is made A LOT easier thru the WWW now though it can be time-consuming. But it's FANTASTIC if you have allergies, or have an allergic reaction. It helps pinpoint which ingredient you have to look out for.

The "Silk E" is water based that's right but that's not what I use. I copied the ingredients off the website. I use the KY Silk warming... ky-silk-1.jpgDo you think "Propylene Glycol, PEG 400, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Tocopherol" is a silicone makeup? I have been using it on my cyberskin toy! so far no problems! Hmmm I will research it!

• Members

OK I just looked it up. Silicone based lube (Wet Platinum is the one I Googled) is made of "Dimethicone , Cyclomethicone , Dimethiconol" Looks like the KY silk warming is not silicone or water based! so I guess it is a great alternative! I hope I am right!

All of the ingredients that were listed are water soluable, meaning they break down in water, so they are NOT silicone based. So your cyberskin toys should be just fine. :)

• Members
All of the ingredients that were listed are water soluable, meaning they break down in water, so they are NOT silicone based. So your cyberskin toys should be just fine. :)

Happy day!!!