Official Community Forums Home

Singles Can Reply But This Aimed Towards The Married Couples

Beavis

• Members

I'm not married, but in love for the first time in my life, and I definitely wasn't looking. I didn't even really "believe" in love. My boy was a coworker when I met him. I found him quite attractive (exactly my type) and he seemed kind of shy around me... very endearing. We still didn't know one-another very well when I finally asked him out, and I wasn't expecting much but figured I could at least get him in the sack a few times. He won me over very quickly, to my surprise, and I managed to hold onto him through some severe problems with depression he was having around the holidays, among lots of other issues. The timing was completely wrong, but somehow, it worked.

• Members

Sun_flower, you just made me feel a bit better--that's the same age difference between me and my boyfriend. =) We met online, on a dating site, and even though he's only an hour-and-a-half away, we spent the first several weeks counting down to his birthday so he'd be legal--he'd fudged his age by about two months in order to get on the site. :lol:

Relevant to the topic--yes, we were both looking, what with it being a dating site, but I don't think either of us expected to find what we did. I was hoping to find someone to date for a while (watch movies and snuggle with, lol) that MIGHT turn out to be The One, but the whole thing went far faster than I'd expected and now I can't imagine living without him. :wub: When it's right, it's right!

• Members

I definitely wasn't looking with my current boyfriend. My car wouldn't start and I needed help, I had to get to work. He happened to be working down the street so I sucked up my shyness and asked for help. He came and jump started my car, and also my heart. We started casually seeing each other a few days later. Although I was definitely NOT looking to get into anything serious (been divorced twice), actually started out as just great sex, I've recently discovered that I've fallen in love with him. And by the way, I'm 10 years older than him! I can't answer whether or not it will work out in the long run or not, only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I concur... I wasn't looking, and had actually decided I was "off men" becuase I'd been hurt before. I'd already told my friends I was giving up on the dating scene and focusing on work and school... and then, there he was.

Same goes with our partners. We'd been friends for years (nearly 6) when the relationship turned. Sometimes love sneaks up on you.

~LG

• 5 months later...
  • Members

we arent married but heres my story:

I had about 3 weeks prior finally ended a relationship of over 2 years, for the prior 6 months i had been telling him it was over and he just kept telling me it wasn't just my decision to break up, or that i was just nuts or we just needed to work things out.

my bf had been on dates with a few girls over the summer but (according to him) once they went out they all ended up being losers.

we both ended up going out last august for a friends 21st b-day, and both of went just to relax and have a good time. we weren't looking for anything and expected to be single for a while. he was w/ the friend who was turning 21 and we all met at a mall to have dinner and drinks, I was the first one to meet them so the 3 of us walked around the mall. we were both instantly attracted to one another. he started flirting with me almost as soon as we sat down, little things. when we all went to leave he said he would talk to me again.

he took my aim name from another friend and we talked online, I gave him my number, he said he would call me soon... that turned out to be about 5 min later. we talked on the phone almost every night for a week and went on one date. we ended up spending the night together and havent spent much time apart since then. he moved in at the end of october officially.

this is the happiest i have ever been with another person. i am in love. so i think yes if you arent looking for it too hard love finds you, it just happens

• Members

Korn, that's what we've all been trying to tell you, just live your life and enjoy your youth. You will find love when you least expect, it quit trying to rush my young friend. Too soon youth will have come and gone and you be an old fart like me. Learn to enjoy the road and the women as they come and go you will know the right one when she comes along. Good luck my young friend, Chuck.