Official Community Forums Home

Make A Baby With A Slip And Slide.....

• Members

A girlfriend of mine is trying to get pregnant and was told that using lube can act like a spermicide. Apparently it changes the PH of your cervical mucus. Obviously this isn't a birth control method, but I was curious if any had suggestions for her. She was recommended a lube, Pre-Seed, that's sperm friendly.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Did her Gyno tell her that? I don't think that is true if it wasn't. anyway we use lube a lot! and I got pregnant mysteriously since we were using condoms! Now I think I may have read that lube can make the condom slip and some sperm can sneak out. I never heard that it would hurt or kill the sperm though. Maybe it inhibits the swimmers? I dunno...

• Members

Certain lubes can affect sperm and the cervical mucousa, if you are having difficulties getting pregnant, then too much lube is not a good idea.

My suggestions: LOTS of foreplay! Get wet and wild naturally and then just go slow until she warms up. OR, if you need the lube, then use a recommended lube from the OBGYN

• Members

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pass them along to her ;)

Our OB suggested no lube (go natural), no saliva (can hinder the motility of sperm), or if need the pre-seed as mentioned before.

I must say, we were using pre-seed when we became pregnant. As for Clomid, we can attest to the dryness, we eventually were put on Femara...this was what we became pregnant on.

Hope this helps.