Official Community Forums Home

What Did You Say?

ohshelly

• Members

Have you ever had a conversation with someone, and heard something so bizarre you said "What"???

Last weekend Sweetguy and I are at the hardware store. He was getting chain to hang a swing.

He was pondering if he needed a few more inches to get the legenth right.

I said "Well, if it is a little short, we can get some big S hooks for the end of the chain."

He looked startled and said "Whaaaaaaaaaat?"

He thought I said 'big ass hooks'

Had us laughing the rest of the day.

So.............What did you think you heard? Share, please!

• Review Team

I do this all the time. I am accused of not really listening some times, which could be true I guess.

One of my employees was talking about her neighbor, Velda Luters, and I heard Golden Hooters. We still call her that now!

That is the only one I can think of now, but I will post more when I think of more.

• Members

Well, a couple of things that I didn't say but overheard. I had a friend in university who always thought the Eagles song "Life in the Fast Lane" said Life in the Vaseline, so that's still the way I always sing to it.

This isn't even funny, kind of tragic. We overheard some high school kids talking in an Arby's. One of them said she was going to be studying the Holocaust. She said, "Isn't that a Jewish holiday?" Her friend corrected her saying, "No, it's a GERMAN holiday." Sheesh!

The girls' coach told them about a conversation he heard in the gym between two weight lifters. The first one said he was going to a competition in California. Right next to Florida. His buddy said, "California is not next to Florida. You don't know your geometry at all."

• Members
Well, a couple of things that I didn't say but overheard. I had a friend in university who always thought the Eagles song "Life in the Fast Lane" said Life in the Vaseline, so that's still the way I always sing to it.

This isn't even funny, kind of tragic. We overheard some high school kids talking in an Arby's. One of them said she was going to be studying the Holocaust. She said, "Isn't that a Jewish holiday?" Her friend corrected her saying, "No, it's a GERMAN holiday." Sheesh!

The girls' coach told them about a conversation he heard in the gym between two weight lifters. The first one said he was going to a competition in California. Right next to Florida. His buddy said, "California is not next to Florida. You don't know your geometry at all."

OMG That is hilarious!

• Members

I posted this in a different thread but I think it fits!

At the grocery store my daughter Daniela, she's 5, was holding a coupon, she kept calling it a dollar. She dropped it in produce, "My dollar!" she yelled. I said, "It's a coupon, honey, not a dollar". She goes, "Yeah, :lol: I'm going to poop on you Mommy!!!" I said, "WHAT? not poop on, COUPON!" I looked up and the produce guy who had his back to me was shaking his body laughing. I said "HEY! did you hear that? I see you laughing!!" He was all red from cracking up. Shaking his head, he goes, "Good times, good times..." :D

• Members

Me and my family were staying at a friends home visiting; she and I were preparing dinner for our families together, and I thought it was getting warm in her kitchen so, I said to her:

"I am really hot, how about you?" (I wanted to turn down the heat)

She thought I said:

--I'm really hot for you

She looked at me with such shock and asked (in a whispering voice) What?

After I repeated myself, she started laughing uncontrollably and after she calmed down a bit, she proceeded to tell me what she thought I said. Well, we both were laughing so hard we ended up sitting on the floor with tears rolling down our faces and stomach muscles aching .

• Members

It is tragic. That's why education is imperative....... So history doesn't repeat it self!

• Review Team

This is sort of "what did you say."

A female coworker and I were having dinner with a man who neither of us knew very well. Both being very curious women, we were drilling him for information about himself (it was sort of a work meeting, but a very casual one). He kept telling us about how he likes to be mister-fix-it around the station (he was a firefighter) and how he keeps his space tidy and such.

So, after getting enough information to tell he was a touch obsessive compulsive, my coworker said “it sounds like you are a little anal.” He got this confused and horrified look on his face. He made a couple of comments and it was then that she and I figured out he thought she meant a different kind of anal. I felt bad for laughing right in front of him, but I couldn’t help it.

She explained what she meant, he was relieved and all’s well – but it sure was funny at the time.