Official Community Forums Home

Me And My Gf

• Members

Hi, I have a little dilemma and im unsure of which way to go with this. If anyone has advice, feel free to leave it. My gf and I have been probably dating for a little more than a year now, and just took a 1 month break becuase we were just getting worse and worse. truthfully, i totally love her and would love to be with her forever, the problem is that i dont always feel as happy as i know i can be with her. I have matured much more than her in the past few years to where as she is still living at home with her parents and obviously, hasnt matured as much. I know she loves me and i know she feels the same way as me she just tends not to show it as much as i do, with cute jokes, stupid little gifts, etc. I was just curious if this could possibly be the maturity that needs to happen? Thanx for whoever reads this. :)

• Members

Maturity is sometimes reached at different times. If your gf doesn't have any goals or objectives that would cause her to want to leavce home - why would she? If she has a lower maturity level (yes, it can be that simple) she may never mature. Sometimes, it just happens. How old are you and how old is she? It can get better, it might not.

Usually, and I say this not as a standard but as something that usually happens - women mature quicker than men. However, once men and women get to a certain age, they seem to even off, so I would be curious to see how old you two are.

I would say, if the difference in maturity is something that bothers you, then you might have to come to the conclusion that she is just not the girl for you.

I hope this helps...although it really is a personal choice!

Mikayla

Goofy,

If there are issues right now with maturity, then they will probably continue. I don't think it is ever wise to stay in any situation that makes you unhappy. Think of all the great girls out there that deserve a cool guy like you!!

Keep us posted.

Kristine

• Members

We are both 20 years old. The thing is, she was getting a lot better before we went on our month break. We still have a couple weeks to go through and its killing me! hehe All i can think of is that after this month break, i can only see how she acts and how i feel. Thanx for the advice :)