Official Community Forums Home

Unrealistic?

• Members

My current bf is originally from Egypt. He has been here working on his master's degree. Unfortunately he recently had a family tragedy and nwo has to return to Egypt. It seems as though this will be a permanent stay for him. We just had a huge fight because of a request he made which I think is completely unfair of him to make.

Neither of us want him to leave but it's something he must do for the sake of his family. We realize that this kind of long distance relationship will never work. So I was blown away when he asked me that in the future when I become involved with someone else to not engage in anal sex with them. He said it was something special we shared and I should not be with anyone else in that way. That is if I cared about him.

I think it's totally unfair of him to ask that of me. I'm one to always keep my promises so he knows if I make that promise to him I will keep it. I don't think he has any right to ask this of me. Am I wrong?

• Members

Excuse me while I laugh. He has NO RIGHT to make that request of you. Girlfriend, if you do say it...cross your fingers behind your back...lol. His 'request' is just one way of keeping some kind of control on you. What makes you think he's not going to give anal to another woman. It is not fair AT ALL.

• Members

I agree with CL how do you know he wont be doing anal with another? You said that his returning home looks like the end of the relationship for you both so how can he ever think of asking you do promis him that? Its not like he said he will be returning in a month or so. I agree it is his way of still having some control over you. What would he say if you asked him to promise something,,,,,im sure if it was something he thought was out of the question he would say no way no how.....so you do the same. You had your time together and its sad that he has to return home sounds like its time to move on and dont make promieses you cant keep.

• Members

I think it is sweet that he wants to have that memory of you - that you had anal with him and only him - BUT that is NOT the world we live in, is it? When people break up or split up, the fact is, we are free to do what we will with the next person - and he is just going to have to understand that. Tell him thanks for the memories - and that is what he will always have - memories!

Mikayla

• Members

Thanks everyone who answered. I felt like I was in the right but you know how it is when you're close to a situation, it's hard to see all points of view. I know I've said it before but again, I'm so glad that I found this forum and all the great people here. You all are the best!!