Official Community Forums Home

How Do You Know If He Is Checking You Out?

hrnychick

• Members

Even if you are in a relationship/taken....everyone wants to know if they "still got it". I know the question was asked how do you if SHE is checking you out....well I want to know how do you know if HE is. I guess I am just blind when it comes to the flirting and the looks.....Unless a guy comes right out and says "I like you" or something I dont think he even sees me. So how can a gal like me tell when she is being checked out? When I go places I always seem to notice guys checking out other girls...trust me I dont look for this it just seems to happen when I am around lol....I see them look and then turn around for another look. Then that gets me thinking...do I still have it? what do they see in others that they dont see in me? I think I get like this because Ive been married for years and after kids etc sometimes I just want to know that I still have what it takes to grab some attention.

Actually, if a man/woman has tact, especially if you or they are with someone, you probably won't even realize they're checking you out! LOL Which, is good for them, but sucky for the one being checked out.

Some people will actually TELL you, or let you know in their way, with maybe a compliment, or, if you catch their eye while they're doing it, they may smile a nice smile that you can TELL, or wink at you.

I had one guy come right up to me, while I was working, and say "I don't want you to think I'm creepy or anything (I was working in an Infants dept. in a retail store, and young guys didn't usually just come strolling thru several times! I was about to call security!), but I wanted to let you know that I think you are very pretty. I just thought you'd like to know that." And he walked off. Talk about making my ego float up to the ceiling. It was a welcomed compliment to be sure!

Sometimes, you may not even think that you're "stylin'" or whatever, but everyone loves something, and you may just catch their eye.

I love to give compliments. Not only is it nice, but it makes ME feel good too, knowing I've made someone's day.

• Members

If you had it once you still have it. In fact, if you had it in your 20's, then you really have it in your 30s, especially after having children. OMG when you hit 40 you are just plain dangerous. A lot of gals like older gents. Well a lot of guys like "women of a certain age" as the French like to say. Guys' imaginations imbue you with wisdom and mysterious qualities, which added to your maturing beauty make you wildly attractive.

You can't see it? You're in the supermarket at the produce section, picking up potatoes. Across from you a mysterious stranger is taking a bit too long to decide between Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious. Why? He's drinking you in with his peripheral vision. And look who just happened to follow you into the frozen section. He passes behind you. Getting frozen peas? Hell no. Checking out your legs and behind as you bend down to get the kids' frozen waffles. Oh darn, he forgot he needs ice cream and has to double back. As he passes he gives your chest a scan just for a few seconds. And so on.

I bet you bust 2 or 3 guys doing that when you get groceries tonight.

• Members
If you had it once you still have it. In fact, if you had it in your 20's, then you really have it in your 30s, especially after having children. OMG when you hit 40 you are just plain dangerous. A lot of gals like older gents. Well a lot of guys like "women of a certain age" as the French like to say. Guys' imaginations imbue you with wisdom and mysterious qualities, which added to your maturing beauty make you wildly attractive.

You can't see it? You're in the supermarket at the produce section, picking up potatoes. Across from you a mysterious stranger is taking a bit too long to decide between Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious. Why? He's drinking you in with his peripheral vision. And look who just happened to follow you into the frozen section. He passes behind you. Getting frozen peas? Hell no. Checking out your legs and behind as you bend down to get the kids' frozen waffles. Oh darn, he forgot he needs ice cream and has to double back. As he passes he gives your chest a scan just for a few seconds. And so on.

I bet you bust 2 or 3 guys doing that when you get groceries tonight.

I wish I believed that...

• Members
I wish I believed that...

TQ: I'm sad you doubt it. Its absolutely 100% true. You need to change supermarkets. It won't happen where everyone already knows you. And Tyger is right. We do try to do this under the radar. We don't want to frighten you. We want to admire you. Are you gals any different in similar situations? I don't think so. Its part of the fun of being human for both genders.

• Members
TQ: I'm sad you doubt it. Its absolutely 100% true. You need to change supermarkets. It won't happen where everyone already knows you. And Tyger is right. We do try to do this under the radar. We don't want to frighten you. We want to admire you. Are you gals any different in similar situations? I don't think so. Its part of the fun of being human for both genders.

So, I went to the store today with my daughter, and paid close attention to the people around us. Anyone who even looked twice was looking at my daughter... That's okay, though. She is a cute young thing!

• Members
So, I went to the store today with my daughter, and paid close attention to the people around us. Anyone who even looked twice was looking at my daughter... That's okay, though. She is a cute young thing!

Maybe but you can't see the ones behind you TQ. Believe me when I tell you that guys check you out. It's the way we are wired, we can't help it.

Man

• Members
Maybe but you can't see the ones behind you TQ. Believe me when I tell you that guys check you out. It's the way we are wired, we can't help it.

Man

I'm not always aware of being checked out, but when I'm with my brother-in-law he always brings it to my or someone's attention about men checking me out. I'm in my 40's and I'm flattered that men other than my SO find me attractive and look.

However, I find it distasteful and crass when men shout out lud comments..... as most women do.

• Members

TQ: Trust me. Their eyes were darting back and forth between the both of you. Next time have your daughter act as look out and you pretend to be the oblivious babe just out shopping.