Official Community Forums Home

Need Some Help

tunch1

• Members

Hey all sorry for being mia for so long but I'm dealing with some internet and comp Issues. So here's my question everytime I shave my pubic area I get a bad case of razor burn, so I was wondering if there is any special cream out there that I can use or a special razor ? I like look and feel of beening clean down there and I don't think any girl wouuld like haveing to hier a guid to find my stuff down there. So any help would be a great help.

Thanks

Tony

• Members

Use a NEW high quality razor every time. Shave after or during a hot shower so everything is softened up, keep the skin drawn tight just like you would on your face and avoid repeated strokes over the same area. Oddly enough Hair conditioner is the best shaving cream I've ever used.

MOHDs is correct. Use a good razor each time. I've used extra moisturizing conditioner (usually Tresemme) often to shave my "coochie". There's also a couple of products out there that I've tried that I really like. There's a WET gift set that worked well, but my fav would hafta be COOCHIE CREAM!! It has a girlie fruit smell to it, but the results are SOOO worth it!!

If you're able to do so, soak yourself in a tub for about 15 min (hot/warm) to soften the hair folicles, and, after you're done shaving, don't put anything else down there. No lotion, or anything. YOu want your skin to heal. Shaving is a violent thing to do to any sort of hair, facial, legs, or crotch. It's hard on the skin. So, any lotion or aftercream will usually irritate it and sting like crazy, from my experience.

It also takes time for your skin to get use to the shaving, so, just give it some time, and be careful. The results are very worth it though!!

• Members

I used to get razor burn there too. I started using Veet, when I still shaved (I now trim) and it helped a lot.

• Members

I had the same problem. Course I used a electric razor the first time. Manual razor works best. I use the gillette phantom razor, sensitive skin shaving cream and Nivea for men after shave for sensitive skin works good. I would try coochie cream cause it's designed for that area or my sister uses Bikini Zone Anti-Bump shaving cream. Just go slow and don't press hard. Also you don't have to get rid of all of your hair, just keep it short.

Guest eminatic

shave in the direction of hair growth, not against it. it won't be as smooth but if you want it perfectly smooth you'd be better off waxing.

ditto on hair conditioner, i've tried coochy shave cream and it is IDENTICAL to hair conditioner except more expensive.

• Members

You should also check out the area that contains products for black men. They often have problems with razor bumps so they have a product that can be used with no razor at all. If I remember correctly, they leave it on for a short time then use a tongue depressor or similar to scrape away the hair.