Always at the end of your list,

and nothing left for me.

Isn’t love about doing the things

that make the other feel loved?

Yep.

• Like 1

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I think Chloegirl was spot on and hit the nail on the head. I was in a sexless, loveless marriage and stayed too long. What do I have in the end? I wasted my prime years with a man who was cruel  and manipulative. I just started looking for a sex buddy, a male friend to do things with. Most are either taken, or staying in their sexless marriages. “Till death do us part?” At what cost? Life is too short.☀️

• Sad 1

• Members

I am now in a near-sexless marriage.  Two, maybe three times in the last year?  The last maybe six months ago?  I don't think sex has to be the end-all, be-all, in a marriage.  But when there is little else in common otherwise ...  I don't think my wife is a bad person, overall, but I have come to see her as kind of self-absorbed, too much into her own world, her own circles of friends, and not much interested in my world.  We don't fight too much, nothing ever changes afterwards so there is no point in fighting.  Maybe something will change, but who knows.  At the moment I give the marriage 50/50 odds of surviving.  Talk?  Other posts have noted the importance of talking ... I'm done talking ... nothing changes.   "Do you take an active part in taking care of the house?"  Mikayala asks.  I pitched in plenty when the kids were little.  Presently, I do all the yard work.  I do the vast majority of snow shoveling.  I do prolly 70% of the dishes.  For the most part, a vacuum doesn't get pushed unless I'm pushing it, a toilet doesn't get scrubbed unless I'm scrubbing it.  Etc.  My wife does the grocery shopping and makes dinner, sometimes a bag lunch.  Shit, I could hire a maid to do those things and have more social interaction.  We've been  married 25 years;  lately I'm asking myself, "can you see yourself married to this person, as things are, for another 25 years?"  Divorce comes with a lot of baggage of its own.  Too much to go into here.  I'll leave it at that.

• Members

I have a different opinion on the subject. I think your response was rather sexist I.S. My ex was a self absorbed, manipulative man halfway into our marriage. By that time we had kids. He was the primary breadwinner. I worked full time until our kids were born. After that part time which could have been over thirty plus hours ( although not in a full time slot) a week.I did all the household chores, shopping , and other duties. All he did was mow our lawn on the riding tractor. I would have loved to do that but that was the only thing he did.I gave it my all. A woman can feel the same way.☀️

• Members

I lived ii for 15 years like a fool.☀️

• Sad 1