Official Community Forums Home

Getting Motivated

• Members

I put this here because this issue is starting to effect my sex life with my SO and it bothers me.

I'm having troubles getting to loose weight. I used to do Yoga, but got sick and never started back up again. (I did it at my own home, by myself. I just can't do classes.) I miss doing it and I've gained the weight back I lost and then some. It has effected my sex life, the things I want to do and/or used to do, I really can't. I love being on top, but I can only go so far without starting to huff and puff and get weak. I like being on my back and everything but all the time is getting a bit redundant and boring.

I'm not worried about curbing my diet, I eat rather healthy minus a few choice foods that I can easily cut out. I just can't seem to get off my ass and DO something!

• Members

Falling out of an exercise routine is a slippery slope; the less you exercise, the less energy you have and the more likely it is that you'll slide into the doldrums. Right now I'm dragging myself kicking and screaming out of a post-breakup, post-holiday funk. It takes a lot of gumption to get yourself back on the exercise wagon, but it's very much worth the hassle. After only a few days of my old walking routine (I do 3-5 miles at a time), I am feeling far more happy and energetic. I also feel much more sexy, which is weird, since I haven't exercised enough to have improved my shape any at this point (but the Smart Balls definitely helped!). The main key to feeling sexy is your state of mind. If you feel energetic and you feel like you're really working and making an effort to get in shape, those positive vibes will snowball. The simple truth is that working toward a goal makes you feel better about yourself. It's a lesson that applies to so many things in life.

By the way, in no way do I mean to sound like I'm preaching to you. The above rant was as much a reminder to myself than anything. We all need reminders once in a while.

• Members

Working out is HARD!!!! Trust me, I'm the same way as you once i find an excuse or reason NOT to do something I just stop. Here's what works for me: Find something fun and different. RIght now i'm doing the stablitity ball in the AM before work and as i get a little strong and more movitvated I'm going to be adding dance in teh evenings for cardio. I have ballet, spanish ballroom (thank you Dancing With the Stars) and strip areobics so I have LOTS of options and I don't just have to do one thing. I don't like going to the gym and working out in groups either plus I have excerise ADD. :)

Just a few years ago when I started college I was a size 8. Shocking I know. Since then I gained 60+ pounds and doubled my pants size (i wonder how much of that is fluctuations in the clothing industry though). I feel like a fat cow whenever I go and try to look nice and go meet someone. I know, self confidence is the key but come on, I used to be uber hot! If i had been taller, man I bet i could have modeled, lol. Okay well maybe not but let a girl dream. My freshman year I had my pick of men and now, well I have my pick of battery-suckers. So trust me, I feel your pain.

• Members
My freshman year I had my pick of men and now, well I have my pick of battery-suckers. So trust me, I feel your pain.

But honey, I haven't eaten any batteries in months! lol!

I SOOO know how you feel!!! LOL

I got myself a new MP3 player to try and motivate myself to go walking after I drop off the kiddo at school. I just loaded over 100 songs on it so far (I have a lot of discs full of MP3's to go thru!). It holds about 300 songs (got the inexpensive one). So far, I've already moved around the house more listening to it, so maybe this can be a good thing!! LOL

Plus, I am a slight techie junkie anyway! LMAO B)

I love to move when I hear music, so, I figured that would be a good motivator for me. And, not to sound petty, but I know it does sound that way, I found out that DH's ex wife is really overweight, and gained like 180 lbs since last year when she got remarried, and, that makes me feel a bit better. I know, bad Tyger! LOL :rolleyes: