Official Community Forums Home

B-day Cakes Covered By Food Stamps!?

Tyger

• Members

We are all good people here!

• Members

We do try to be docile in many areas here. Sometimes emotions do override our thoughts. (Look at some of my own posts for an example).

• Members
If your father is excepting assistance, he most likely isn't paying taxes. (this is not meant to be rude, just a observation)
Pappy hit it right on the head again, per usual.

Many people do NOT realize, having never having to get assistance, that, yes, even though you get assistance, you STILL have the taxes taken out of your paychecks. BTW, ladylove DID say that she was just making an observation, NOT trying to be insulting. So, please, again, try to be respectful in your answers to people. If someone offends you by something they said, reread the response, checking for the common explanations or whatever, such as ladylove putting her comment in (), so that you know she wasn't trying to be rude. If it still bugs you, WAIT to post. I've had to do this several times. Otherwise, my responses may not be as articulate as I'd want them to be.

Thank you Tyger and ohshelly! (notice the exclamation mark, shows heartfelt appreciation :) )

Brandy I can appreciate your passion for this subject. I did make clear the statement was not to inflame, just an observation. I had every intention on just dropping the subject, out of respect for your situation. As others have come to my 'rescue', I feel it is now inappropriate to do so.

First let me tell my thought process:

If a person needs assistance to feed their family (or whatever) it make no sense that they should be paying taxes, when the gov't is giving it back to them as aid. I would think the gov't would reimburse any paid taxes come April 15 (deadline for yearly filing of taxes) and lower the amount of aid that is given. This rationalization make perfect sense to me. However, when it comes to our gov't the word rationalization should never be used, I get that.

Since I myself have never had to collect aid I don't know everything about it. Yes I am admitting a lack of knowledge on the subject, one I have no interest in googling to research. To put it bluntly I just don't care. In addition, I reread my posting (the one we're all referring to) and in no way found any personal accusation whats-so-ever. Your provocation was clearly self provoked out of your passion. I except and dismiss that too.

I do not come on to this board to inflame, provoke, or cause anyone personal discomfort, that is not my style. AGAIN, this post is not meant to provoke, it's simply to inform you. :)