Official Community Forums Home

Checking The Replys

mystofpric

• Members

Checking the Replies

Out of the three gentlemen I sent messages to (the marine, the dog-lover, and the hottie), I got three responses. The marine and the dog-lover pretty much got right back to me. Who needs the hottie anyway? I was totally just e-mailing him because he was a hottie.

The marine was the first to get back to me and he was pretty prompt about it. He lives in Missouri and is moving to my area in June, which gives us a real chance to get to know each other before meeting. So far we have spoken most days and seem to have the same taste in movies. I haven’t figured out what he reads yet, which is pretty important to me. He has a job that he is hoping to be able to transfer with, although I assured him that there are plenty of jobs here if you’re willing to be creative. I have noticed though that some of my humor goes a little over his head, but that could just be because it’s online and not in person.

The dog-lover. Hmm, I haven’t really spoken much to him. He seems to be local and has a beautiful dog. He is currently looking to change jobs as he’s burnt out on his after 6 years. I can understand that. He enjoys traveling and seems very laid back. Besides our dogs we haven’t exchanged photos at all, which is also a pressure reliever.

So now I have to wonder, Is this all that’s out there? Have I seen the best that Craigslist has to offer? Or is there more? Well, I have decided to follow through to the next phase of my plan. Time to place my own ad.

Bookworm Dog Lover Looking for Someone to Share her Passions with

Hi guys, I’m 23 and as the title says a bookworm and a dog lover. If you’re going to spend any time with me you have to understand that one guy already has a place in my heart: my dog Zeus. I enjoy taking my boy out for walks and exploring. When I’m not doing that, I’m often curled up with a good book. This doesn’t mean that I don’t know how to party, I’m just more laid back than that. I love to cook for those I love! I also tend to speak my mind and I am VERY sarcastic. I love to laugh and make others laugh. I need a guy who enjoys a good book, will share my heart with my dog, loves to laugh, and has a good appetite. I’m not super outdoorsy, but I like to try new things: What can you show me?”

Now I’m sure I’ll get the usual perverts and 60 year olds, but I’m hoping to get a few guys my own age who might want something more than just a quick lay. If those guys exist.

I did however have an actual date. Last Spring I had met this guy, we’ll call him Jay. Jay and I hung out a few times and pretty much jumped right into the fun stuff. Well as it would turn out Jay had a girlfriend (well, several different ones throughout the time we hung out), he was more than a little rude, and the times that we did go out it was never really a date, but more of friends hanging out. Yesterday though was different. He actually paid for the movie; not only the movie but he bought my popcorn. Whoa. Totally different. We saw the movie Watchmen (awesome flick) and then stopped off at the bookstore so I could buy my coffee. So why am I still posting my ad? Because. While Jay and I had fun, I don’t think I could ever date him exclusively. I mean there is the fact that he was hanging with me while dating other people and then the fact that he STILL won’t come over to my place—yeah I had to meet him at a grocery store to start my date. Oh well. I did have fun and saw an awesome movie. And hey, you can never have too many friends, right?

Yesterday I also took a big step in my health. I got my first Gardasil shot. Sure, this is supposed to be about dating but isn’t an STD an issue in modern dating? It is to me! I went to go get my shot and had to wait while they waited for a nurse to see me and sign the order to give the shot. They warned me it would hurt, but let me tell you holy big hairy balls that hurt! Then they made me sit in the waiting room to make sure I didn’t pass out. I didn’t. I’m awesome like that. After that no pain at all, in fact I didn’t even bleed at the injection site. So far no side effects, but I’ll let y’all know if I start growing a third arm!

With dates, shots, e-mails, and an ad under my belt, I’m still waiting for my Prince Charming but at least this way I’ll earn him!

• Members

I love your ad! It really captures who you are. Glad things are going well so far and keeping my fingers crossed for you. Way to make things happen.

(And continue to be smart and CAREFUL. I saw that! Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady!)

• Members
I love your ad! It really captures who you are. Glad things are going well so far and keeping my fingers crossed for you. Way to make things happen.

(And continue to be smart and CAREFUL. I saw that! Don't you roll your eyes at me, young lady!)

LMAO I did too!

• Members

Way to go lil sis. I am proud of you and you are doing a great job with the articles. You are cautious so I know you would not jeopardize yourself. Besides dont' forget they all have to pass the application process of you happy horny dysfunctional family....lol.

• Members
Way to go lil sis. I am proud of you and you are doing a great job with the articles. You are cautious so I know you would not jeopardize yourself. Besides dont' forget they all have to pass the application process of you happy horny dysfunctional family....lol.

Well however else will i know if i like them?

• Members

You are doing everything right, Suzy. I love your ad, too!

Keep at it, my peach wasn't the first one to fall out of the tree!! :D

• Members

Good for you! He sounds nice, but like V says, be careful. Only go to a public places.

AND...... I'm so glad you're getting the Gardasil series. I got them for my daughters as soon as they became available. They're a lifesaver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Woohoo, go Suzy!!!

Personally I prefer OKCupid.com to Craigslist, the way the profiles there are designed it allows you to learn a lot more about a person at a glance than you usually can from a Craigslist ad... you know, incase Craigslist doesn't have the guy you're looking for ;)

• Members

Wow, great post Suzy...just one question. Will you marry me? :lol:

• Members
Wow, great post Suzy...just one question. Will you marry me? :lol:

Well SURE!! Are we moving to Conneticuit or Massechuettes (ignore my terrible spelling) or do you want to wait a month and see if Vermont passes the Freedom to Marry act?

I'll update y'all tonight, I just have to write it up! LOL

OKcupid huh? Well guess what I'll be doing first...