Official Community Forums Home

Taking A Risk

mystofpric

• Members

Taking a Risk

As with any kind of dating, there comes a moment when you have to say “Ya know what? F*** it, I’m going for it!” So after about two weeks of responding and weeding, I have a couple of guys that I want to know more about.

The first is the out-of-town ex-marine. I responded to his ad and we’ve been talking since. We definitely have a good time and that’s important. But he is very far away and not going to be here until June. On the one hand that’s good because that gives us a chance to get to know each other, but on the other hand if things do start to work out I have to wait to see if the chemistry holds over offline. So as much fun as I’m having talking with him, he’s on hold as far as any real further developments go.

Then there is the Toy Guy. No, not those toys. He’s a year younger than me and works at a toy store. In fact, not just any toy store but the coolest toy store in town. Kudos to him. So far we have discovered a lot of things in common—movies (he likes Ghostbusters, too!), both middle children, musical tastes, oh and how could I forget? He knows my ex, and he doesn’t like him either. Kudos again to him. He can’t be a terrible person then right? Right. So we’ve been e-mailing for about two weeks and instant messaging for a few days, and I think I’m gonna go for it and meet him.

So if those are the winners, who are the losers? Well most notably there were two that really stood out. The first one asked me how I wanted this to work. What do you mean how do I want this to work? It’s a dating ad, you dork! How do you think it works? We talk, decide if we’re meshing, if we are then we meet and possibly pursue a relationship. How hard is that to understand? Oy. That and his e-mails were only one-liners. Yuck. That says a lot about a person, I mean if you can’t take the time to tell me a little something about yourself then why should I bother following up? Make yourself interesting. Then when I finally did talk to this guy he was fishing for compliments. Nope, not gonna give ‘em. The second guy was just clingy. We talked once and then for the next week I got messages and if I didn’t answer he’d think I had just forgotten him. No, honey, when you’re up someone’s butt, you’re hard to be forgotten.

Back to the Toy Guy—so far so good. I’m really excited to meet him! We’re going to my favorite coffee shop in the mall where all the girls know me. I have already told my “person” so that if I don’t check in post-date they know to raise the alarm and, to prevent any free shows on the first date, I have to go to work after. If I don’t show up for work, my boss will sound the alarm too as while I might be a few minutes late I never just don’t show up.

So my safety net is in place and I am downright bubbly. Fingers crossed, folks!

• Members

WTG sis. Proud of you and look forward to hearing all about it.

• Members

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

• Members
Suzy how did it go????

Well. Wasn;t bad, just lacking somehow. Like not as much fo a connection in person as there was online so I have to give it a second chance to rule out just nerves. I mean it's really easy to be bold online. But here's what's concerning: he's already getting clingy. I know, I know, give him a chance. And I am. Here's hopin'!

• Members
Well. Wasn;t bad, just lacking somehow. Like not as much fo a connection in person as there was online so I have to give it a second chance to rule out just nerves. I mean it's really easy to be bold online. But here's what's concerning: he's already getting clingy. I know, I know, give him a chance. And I am. Here's hopin'!

Give him a second chance, but you know, you need to kiss a lot of toads to find to prince charming.

• 2 months later...