Official Community Forums Home

Men & Women And Today's Role

Smile4Me

Roles of Men & Women  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The woman's role in life is...

• Cook, clean, take care of children and husband.
    • Work alongside Dad to support the family.
    • Be the sole breadwinner.
  2. 2. The men's role in life is...

• Bring home the bacon!
    • Work alongside Mom equally to support the family.
    • Take care of the home and children.
  3. 3. Women's role in the workplace has changed drastically over the past few decades.

• True
    • False

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Easy Guys (err Gals)!! This was meant to be fun and enlightening, I didn't mean for it to turn into battle of beliefs.

Goooosfrabba! LOL :D

Suzy, some people are just disagreeable, and you just can't do anything about it. Don't get yourself all worked up over some negativity. I want all SMILES damnit...HENCE THE NAME----SMILE 4 ME...Now do it, right now!! LOL :lol:

People go through shit, bad shit. Stuff that stops them in their tracks and turns their world inside out. It makes their overall view on life very cynical and pessimistic; the best thing anyone can do is try to understand their perspective (no matter how irrational or backwards you feel it is) and move on with the day. I know, I've been that cynical person before. and watched every good friendship I had walk out the door because of it. Sometimes, it's hard to find the optimism, but we're only here for short time, why waste that time feeling sorry for ourselves. The people who are pissed off at the world and hang from a metaphoric black cloud all day will SOMEDAY "find their silver lining." All you can do is wish them well on their journey, and try not to let them bring you down. FUN-SUCKER they may so choose to be. Don't let someone else rain on your sunny day, life's too short for that.

And Eminatic, I hope you find a time in life where you feel good about who you are and find a way to trust the people around you. I do feel you are overly negative in the way you communicate, but then again, opinions are like assholes (finish cliche here.....) :P I never said life was daffodills and pretty pink rose bushes, but there's a way to get thru the bad, and it most certainly does not include dwelling on the past. Wish you luck, and SMILE damnit. No frowns are allowed, not in this forum.

AND...that conclude's this episode of Keeping the Peace for the day, tune in tomorrow! :lol::lol:

• Members
Easy Guys (err Gals)!! This was meant to be fun and enlightening, I didn't mean for it to turn into battle of beliefs.

Goooosfrabba! LOL :D

Suzy, some people are just disagreeable, and you just can't do anything about it. Don't get yourself all worked up over some negativity. I want all SMILES damnit...HENCE THE NAME----SMILE 4 ME...Now do it, right now!! LOL :lol:

People go through shit, bad shit. Stuff that stops them in their tracks and turns their world inside out. It makes their overall view on life very cynical and pessimistic; the best thing anyone can do is try to understand their perspective (no matter how irrational or backwards you feel it is) and move on with the day. I know, I've been that cynical person before. and watched every good friendship I had walk out the door because of it. Sometimes, it's hard to find the optimism, but we're only here for short time, why waste that time feeling sorry for ourselves. The people who are pissed off at the world and hang from a metaphoric black cloud all day will SOMEDAY "find their silver lining." All you can do is wish them well on their journey, and try not to let them bring you down. FUN-SUCKER they may so choose to be. Don't let someone else rain on your sunny day, life's too short for that.

And Eminatic, I hope you find a time in life where you feel good about who you are and find a way to trust the people around you. I do feel you are overly negative in the way you communicate, but then again, opinions are like assholes (finish cliche here.....) :P I never said life was daffodills and pretty pink rose bushes, but there's a way to get thru the bad, and it most certainly does not include dwelling on the past. Wish you luck, and SMILE damnit. No frowns are allowed, not in this forum.

AND...that conclude's this episode of Keeping the Peace for the day, tune in tomorrow! :lol::lol:

OMG Okay so tomorrow the Freedom to Marry act will get vetoed by Vt's govenor but the house can and will be able to override it, so this summer you and me walking down the aisle? OMFG i love you! :lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

• Members
OMG Okay so tomorrow the Freedom to Marry act will get vetoed by Vt's govenor but the house can and will be able to override it, so this summer you and me walking down the aisle? OMFG i love you! :lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D

AWWWW (tears up) I feel the LUV!!!! Hugs for everyone!

LOL!! Girl, you crack me up!! Hahahaha :D It's so on like donkey-kong! You may have to bring the flowers though, because I can't seem to do anything but kill mine lately! LOL Maybe my green weenie wasn't as big as I thought it was (sigh) :P Oh, and just to show you your competition, meet my handsome boy!! High 5 to "canine perfection"!! :lol::lol::lol:

l_0cae9c9e9307779ef03a17f05b4e8e70.jpg

• Members
AWWWW (tears up) I feel the LUV!!!! Hugs for everyone!

LOL!! Girl, you crack me up!! Hahahaha :D It's so on like donkey-kong! You may have to bring the flowers though, because I can't seem to do anything but kill mine lately! LOL Maybe my green weenie wasn't as big as I thought it was (sigh) :P Oh, and just to show you your competition, meet my handsome boy!! High 5 to "canine perfection"!! :lol::lol::lol:

l_0cae9c9e9307779ef03a17f05b4e8e70.jpg

AWWWW he;s beautiful! I'll have to get pictures of Zeus, he just had surgery a few days ago and has a few shaved patches but still my handsome boy! Aww he nees a younger brother!

Pappy, we forget our pressure points, would you show us? ;)

• Members
yeah i get the acronym and its cute as a joke and everything but it doesn't really translate to real life too well. i was trying more to get at the fact that mainstream media/society is allowed to use misogynistic insults in a way that they wouldn't DARE use other words. (the "n" word for example) when "bitch" or "whore" carry that kind of weight then maybe i'd consider the word truly "turned around"

I've tried to stay out of this but now I have to ask. Why is ok for a woman to use the "B" word or a black the "N" word but the minute a white man does he's ripped apart. I don't men in hate or in a negative way. If you don't like the word DON"T use it. If you do then it MUST be all right for me to use it when you are present, and we all know how stupid that would be!!!!!

Guest eminatic

chuck i know exactly what you were saying, and that's a whole 'nother ball game so i didnt wanna get too into detail about that. i brought it up as a response to the claim that certain words used to insult women have now been "flipped" into a positive word. to me, the fact that its still ok to use these words in the mainstream media/society would indicate that the word has NOT been flipped. pretty much any word can be used between friends in a positive context, that does not mean the negative connotation it carries in society has been changed.

i bring up the "n" word because if any word can be close to being called "changed" it would be that. as in, a word that was once used by one group of people to insult another group has been so drastically changed such that it is now pretty much social suicide for the first group to use it. whether or not this is actually helping the issue of equality is another discussion though. ;)

• Members
I've tried to stay out of this but now I have to ask. Why is ok for a woman to use the "B" word or a black the "N" word but the minute a white man does he's ripped apart. I don't men in hate or in a negative way. If you don't like the word DON"T use it. If you do then it MUST be all right for me to use it when you are present, and we all know how stupid that would be!!!!!

OK, I'm probably not the norm, but I don't like being referred to as a Bitch, no matter how it's meant, and no I don't have a stick up my butt. I don't like to hear it out of my kids mouths either no matter how it's meant. I also haven't known anyone to refer to them self or others as 'N'. I know both are in vogue now, however I think it's rude, and distasteful.

• Members
OK, I'm probably not the norm, but I don't like being referred to as a Bitch, no matter how it's meant, and no I don't have a stick up my butt. I don't like to hear it out of my kids mouths either no matter how it's meant. I also haven't known anyone to refer to them self or others as 'N'. I know both are in vogue now, however I think it's rude, and distasteful.

To me its less of a positive thing as a way to take some of the negitivity out of it. It's one of those things that can only hurt you if you let it. Which is exactly like the word "nigger" (oh hush, your gasps of shock, i said it and I'm not taking it back). It isn't being used as a term of endearment or anything, it's being used as conversationally as it is to take the sting out of it to make it less hateful. The same with "Bitch" or the way "Cunt" was used in the vigina monologues.

Guest eminatic

but the difference is that the "n" word has been elevated to a status that the group that was using the word as a weapon is no longer allowed to even say it without facing political exile. "bitch" and "cunt" etc. are still quite commonly hurled by men without nearly the repercussion that say, a white person would face for hurling the "n" word as an insult (i know some contexts differ but i am talking about the in the big picture) so i would say it is nowhere near that status.

(and lady, i agree and disapprove use of those insults by anyone)

• Members
To me its less of a positive thing as a way to take some of the negitivity out of it. It's one of those things that can only hurt you if you let it. Which is exactly like the word "nigger" (oh hush, your gasps of shock, i said it and I'm not taking it back). It isn't being used as a term of endearment or anything, it's being used as conversationally as it is to take the sting out of it to make it less hateful. The same with "Bitch" or the way "Cunt" was used in the vigina monologues.

Yea, I get that, I just don't like it. It still feels rude and inappropriate to me, I guess I can't get use to it.

• Members
but the difference is that the "n" word has been elevated to a status that the group that was using the word as a weapon is no longer allowed to even say it without facing political exile. "bitch" and "cunt" etc. are still quite commonly hurled by men without nearly the repercussion that say, a white person would face for hurling the "n" word as an insult (i know some contexts differ but i am talking about the in the big picture) so i would say it is nowhere near that status.

(and lady, i agree and disapprove use of those insults by anyone)

Okay you want to talk context? I went to prodomently "minority" (hispanic and black) populated high school, there I heard not only the blacks calling each other "nigger" or rather "nigga" but also a fairly large portion of the WHITE population too, with no rrepercussions from any one. The word wasn't being used as an insult, it was being reclaimed. Just like you and how you used "ignorant" it's all in context. And as far as words go "cunt" does carry the same weight in schools as "nigger", so by your logic it has been elevated, where as "bitch" used it, it is now a more common excepted term.

No these words are by no means pleasent, but I would rather hear it being used without the negitive conotations some people are unwilling to let go of.

Guest eminatic

i went to a predominantly minority school as well (vallejo/oakland) and i would occasionally hear it used by whites if and only if they were talking to people in their own close circle of friends. and as i've said ANY word can be used in a positive context among friends. i am talking about hurling it as an insult. bitch and cunt to not carry nearly that kind of weight.

• Members
i went to a predominantly minority school as well (vallejo/oakland) and i would occasionally hear it used by whites if and only if they were talking to people in their own close circle of friends. and as i've said ANY word can be used in a positive context among friends. i am talking about hurling it as an insult. bitch and cunt to not carry nearly that kind of weight.

Actually Cunt does, most women hate the word and in any context. Further, as you said any word could be insulting, I could calll you a cantelop and given the right tone and context it could up set you worse than if i had used a racial slur. Now a racially diverse school in an upscale neighborhood, or one in which you stayed within you clique, isnt what I'm talking about, further, you don't strike me as a person who associates "below their station" and thuis would likely NOT hear it used by hardly anyone.

Guest eminatic

"below my station"???? excuse you??? do you know me? where exactly do you get off striking such a low blow? you have absolutely NO idea what financial backround i came from, what kind of city i grew up in what kind of schools i went to, what kind of people i hang out with or how many times my family has filed bankruptcy or how hard EVERY member of my family had to WORK to get where we are now, so how DARE you make such an uninformed, careless, arrogant judgement! do you assume all financially stable people were BORN that way? that people living in poverty cannot get out by themselves without waiting for the government to do so for them? my father's parents lived on a farm. my mother is a second generation chinese with parents who didnt speak a word of english. a family of 6 living in a 2 bedroom apartment. i grew up in a city that has now gone bankrupt (the largest city in history to do so) my school was taken over by the state after it went bankrupt. i have lived in section 8 housing. i have moved countless times due to financial hardship. i did NOT grow up in a rich community so do not assume that you are privy to some sort of special scenario or that i have no idea what goes on outside of "my station"

and even though women do not LIKE the word "cunt" it still does not carry as much legal or social repercussion as the "n" word, and no anecdotal story is likely to convince me otherwise. attack a woman and call her a cunt and you get charged with assault. attack a black person and drop an n-bomb and the penalty is changed and you are charged with a hate crime.

link :>