Official Community Forums Home

Cock Rings

sexxxikittie

• Members

I read the posts and checked out the articles and I am still sitting with a few questions. I have never been with someone that has used them, I have seen them online and in the stores as well. Actually, I had a friend ask me about them too. :huh: His g/f was mentioning new things to him, he asked me about some things and, so of course, I directed him to this site. :P He read a lot of the articles, checked through the site, and we both had the same question about the cock rings.

They come in all varieties, colors, materials, etc., but how do you know what size will work? If you purchase them, you cannot return them (especially worriesome if they are not adjustable). And most importantly are they painful? :blink: I have seen some in the shops and they look quite small to me, how can you be sure to get one that isn't going to be too small. Do you have to put them on a bottle to stretch them and will they shrink back to their original size again?

We saw the time on the use too - and it seems to vary among users and the other links from 15 min - 30 min. If your in the middle of a long session and you don't realize, will your body let you know that you need to stop and take it off??? :unsure:

More honestly, this guy is really trying to make something special for his girl and I just can't find the answers either. Can someone please help out on this? What would be the best suggestions that he could have and how easily can they be attained, are they mostly online, or can you find them in most adult stores?

Thanks for the help, from both of us! LOL :lol:

• Members

Ok, well you have asked some GREAT questions! First, cock rings are not that compicated, but all the different sites and suggestions and WRONG information make it seem more complicated than it is.

For first timers, I would suggest the 3-pack of cock rings, this way one, of the sizes will surely fit. These are no fuss, simple rings without all the bells and whistles, they are simply functional.

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=4376

What your friend should do is during his next solo time, find which ring fits snugly (NOT TIGHTLY) around his cock while he is SEMI-ERECT. These rings stretch, but do not stretch much. Putting them over a bottle or something else would defeat the purpose. A cock ring's purpose is to keep the blood IN the penis to keep the erection lasing longer.

Now, with the correct size of ring in hand, he will know which one to use for his next night of fun. The problem, or should I say dillemma, with cock rings, is that you really shouldn't leave them on for more than 20-30 minutes max - but they are designed for SEX, not foreplay. So ideally, they should not be put on until penetration begins, and many men do not last more than 30 minutes of actual penetration.

Now, I have asked my Dr. about the time thing, because my hubby likes to use cock rings sometimes just for the extra firmness it will give him - and she said that 30 minutes is the definite max because of the delicate capilaries and veins that can be damaged if the blood flow is restricted too long.

Cock rings were invented to help with premature ejacualation and erectile dysfunction, the creators were undoubtedly not thinking of those persons who wanted to simply make their erections last longer for pleasure's sake.

Therefore, your friend will have to commence his foreplay and THEN put his cock ring on when he is ready for sex. Which brings me to the next problem when dealing with cock rings. Contrary to what some sites say, cock rings should be placed around the SHAFT and the BALLS when the cock is SEMI-ERECT or FLACCID so that as the blood flows INTO the cock, it gets trapped there, resulting in a harder erection that ideally should last longer. The origin of blood flow to the penis is behind the balls, through the major arteries leading into the penis, placing the ring simply at the base of the penis will be minimally affective. Similarly to pushing on the MDP during sex to prevent orgasm, the cock ring pushes on the arteries, preventing blood flow. One major help in using a cock ring is SHAVING the testicles! Shaving can make everything more comfortable. Imagine a rubber band caught in your hair times 100!

Your friend should also have a pair of scissors handy in case he notices any pain, numbess, extreme growth or discoloration. Then he can just cut it off.

As for where to get them - TooTimid has quite a few. They have 2 sets of 3-packs (my suggestion) and quite a few snazzy ones just for fun. So, have him look. They are also available at EVERY adult store I have ever been to!

Here is a good website with the simple basics, as I said before I like to stick with websites that are either: .edu ; .org ; or .gov only because I know they are more reputable. This particular one is a .org, andis endorsed by the men's program and the national HIV organization.

http://www.homohealth.org/mens_program/sex...th/cockring.htm

I hope that helps!

Mikayla ;)

• Members

So, ok now I'm confused. :) At one point you say that a cock ring should be placed over the shaft and balls while the penis is soft or flaccid, then you say it should be put on right before actual intercourse not during foreplay. This seems like a contradiction. Wouldn't he be really hard right before penetration? Just wondering. I have thought about buying one of these with the clit vibrator just for fun.

• Members

Well, the ones with the clit vibrators are normally made of jelly or cyberskin, so you can put those one while the man is completely hard because they stretch so well! :D So if that is what you are interested in, no problems there!

Ok, and yes...I do indeed say that a cock ring should be put on a SEMI-ERECT penis, and YES, it should go on only before sex...that is why I say this:

"Which brings me to the next problem when dealing with cock rings. Contrary to what some sites say, cock rings should be placed around the SHAFT and the BALLS when the cock is SEMI-ERECT or FLACCID so that as the blood flows INTO the cock, it gets trapped there, resulting in a harder erection that ideally should last longer. The origin of blood flow to the penis is behind the balls, through the major arteries leading into the penis, placing the ring simply at the base of the penis will be minimally affective. "

It is indeed a problem, most men are very hard after foreplay, and READY for sex, so their penises are HARD, not usually SEMI-HARD. So, the dilemma becomes, do you let the erection go down a bit, orgasm and start again, or put the ring on before he gets totally hard and HOPE and pray that there aren't any problems!

Whichever way you go, those are the "rules" of cock rings. For my hubby and I, we usually go a round where I get my oral - this always gets him rock hard - and then I suck him off - then we begin again, and as he gets hard, we use the ring for a killer round 2!

Like I said, cock rings were invented for erectile dysfunction, not extended play!

Mikayla ;)

• Members

Cool. And I guess in the sense that they were originally intended for men who had trouble getting hard or staying hard, this wouldn't normally be an issue. Thanks for the great info as usual! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Wow... this is an artical that I was looking for. I always have a problem of going way before my wife does. It's like I get into her and about a minute later I am done. What can I say she is really hot! I always wanted to try one out but didn't know just how they work. I always thought that they just went around the penis. Didn't know about the balls. I already shave my balls and shaft. Guys if you havn't done it, you don't know what you are missing. What a get feeling to be semi shaved. B) Will try a ring and will come back with a post on how it went.

• Members

Everyone has pretty much hit the topic well. I just wanted to add something if you are worried about what size will fit etc... They also have the velcro ones, which I have recently purchased for my hubby! I firgue I am going to write a review on this one after we try it a few more times.

He puts it on his SEMI Erect penis, being that it is velcro he can adjust it easy to the right tightness or lossen it if need be.Since it is velcro this is a one size fits all and can be adjusted without interuption in play. When I am ready for him to cum or he is past the point of rdy then it is easily and quickly removed with just a quick pull on the end.

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=3488

My SO has stated that he enjoys this velcro one, being that it is soft on his skin and he is cabable of controling it and not having to stop during intercourse to remove it to cum.

Just thought I would throw that option out there to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I bought a new Cock ring in a three pack of different sizes. Used the middle size and put it on just before getting a hard on. Well have to say it was pretty hard to get it on at first. Glad I shave before. I can see how the velco one would be much easier to use and would feel much better. It is true how much harder and how the veins (sp) just pop out. wow assume cock!!

The first time using it I just went right away. Want can I say. But the second time man, was up all night and had to take it off of fear of damage to my penis. Man it was great to see my wife cum way before me and not only once but several times.

But now I have another problem after using the ring. I don't know if it was because of using the ring or it could be something else. I can't seem to get my dick solid hard. I can get a hard on but it isn't stiff hard. You know what I mean? Any way the cock ring does seem to help and would suggest using one if you have problems stay up guys.