Official Community Forums Home

Druthers

and he won't get upset if I decide not to do the dishes right after dinner.

16 years together and we are still very happy. If she doesn't have time to do the dishes after dinner, I make sure that I do. If she doesn't have time to cook dinner, I make sure that I do. We have two beautiful pre-teen daughters who keep us extremely busy and on the go. I coach two softball teams for them. Marriage is a lot of teamwork, and without that teamwork, it would break down. Hopefully by your second marriage you will find that. :D Luckily for us we found it the first time.

As to the original question, I will cheat. My wife is both. I fell in love with my wife the first time we danced. We were introduced by friends at a night club. We left together, although we did not go home together. We had our first planned date the very next day, we were engaged 19 days later, and we have been together ever since.

From the moment I saw her, I thought she was hot! The hottest woman I had ever dated. Now, in the interest of honesty, I have dated women who had more perfect bodies and were probably considered more physically attractive in general. But that isn't everything it takes to be hot. Hot requires personailty as well. My wife was the most down to earth and genuine woman I had ever met. No games, no competitions. She just wanted honest love, and so did I. And the fact that I found her very physically attractive added to that package.

So, I can honestly say that she was both things to me from the beginning. Does that mean she is always both things? Definitely not! We have lots of things to work on. I wish she was less self-conscious about her appearance. She is my wife and the only woman I plan to be with, but she still feels unhappy about her appearance. Having children has left certain body parts less than perfect. She can still get me to salute (if you know my meaning), just by walking by in her underwear, and I love every inch of her, but she wishes she looked better.

But my wife is both of those things to me, and I don’t think she could have been either without the other.

• Members
But my wife is both of those things to me, and I don’t think she could have been either without the other.

That's what we want to hear! :) Welcome to the forum BTW!

• Members

That's beautiful!