Official Community Forums Home

Shirabi

Gabby82

• Members

Has anyone heard of SHirabi. I have seen a little bit of it and since my husband is not into bondage I have never done it but it looks intense. I have questions for anyone that can answer them.

• Members

Actually your spelling is wrong on this one. It's spelled Shibari. Also known as 'bari'. It's a form of japanese rope bondage. I haven't had any experience with it personally, but I think it could be a real turn on. I did find a couple of websites you might find interesting. The first is kind of a glossary of terms: http://rare.ropemarks.com/glossary/shibari.htm, and the second has tutorials and pics: http://www.shibari.info/ I just went to yahoo and searched for Shibari. Hope this helps you some.

• Members

Hey, Thanks! I don't know really how to say it so when I go to spell it I can't get it right Thanks for the fix. I'll check out the sites.

Actually your spelling is wrong on this one. It's spelled Shibari. Also known as 'bari'. It's a form of japanese rope bondage. I haven't had any experience with it personally, but I think it could be a real turn on. I did find a couple of websites you might find interesting. The first is kind of a glossary of terms: http://rare.ropemarks.com/glossary/shibari.htm, and the second has tutorials and pics: http://www.shibari.info/ I just went to yahoo and searched for Shibari. Hope this helps you some.

• Members

Bondagejunkie did a good job of giving you some basics about this art - and believe you me, this is an art! Shibari is extremely hard to do if you do not know what you are doing. The ropes have to be the right width, strength and tied in just the right manner. My first boyfriend (of 7 years) was heavy into bondage - and thanks to him I have learned many things. One of the things I learned from him was how to be an active recipienct of Shibari bondage. We spent many, many nights trying to perfect certain ties - of course my favorites are the breast / crotch ties because they really add to the sensitivity of those areas!

My word of caution for anyone interested in this type of play: invest in good nylon bondage rope, read, read, read all you can on how to do it, always trust your partner, and have a SHARP knife handy (scissors won't work) to cut your partner out if it gets too tight. This type of tying takes practice and patience and rarely looks right the first time.

Let me know if you begin practicing this - there are some good books on the subject, let me see, I think the only title I can remeber is Shibari: The Art of Japense Bondage (Amazon has it)

Good Luck!

Mikayla

• Members

That is awesome that you got to experience it. I know it is a technique that is hard to accomplish but I think that is what I like about it. Plus I think it is wicked sexy :)! If I ever get the pleasure of having it done I will be sure to let you know.

Bondagejunkie did a good job of giving you some basics about this art - and believe you me, this is an art! Shibari is extremely hard to do if you do not know what you are doing. The ropes have to be the right width, strength and tied in just the right manner. My first boyfriend (of 7 years) was heavy into bondage - and thanks to him I have learned many things. One of the things I learned from him was how to be an active recipienct of Shibari bondage. We spent many, many nights trying to perfect certain ties - of course my favorites are the breast / crotch ties because they really add to the sensitivity of those areas!

My word of caution for anyone interested in this type of play: invest in good nylon bondage rope, read, read, read all you can on how to do it, always trust your partner, and have a SHARP knife handy (scissors won't work) to cut your partner out if it gets too tight. This type of tying takes practice and patience and rarely looks right the first time.

Let me know if you begin practicing this - there are some good books on the subject, let me see, I think the only title I can remeber is Shibari: The Art of Japense Bondage (Amazon has it)

Good Luck!

Mikayla

• Members

Thanks Gabby I just got more educated thanks to your questions. :) I dont know much about it but thanks to your question and the posts. I just learned something new. I have to say it looks VERY SEXY bug very complicated. Just had to say thanks.

• 4 months later...

Wow!! I looked at those links, and was intrigued to be sure! In fact, I just watched an adult film with a touch of Shibari in it!!

Very exciting :P and educational!

• Members
My word of caution for anyone interested in this type of play: invest in good nylon bondage rope, read, read, read all you can on how to do it, always trust your partner, and have a SHARP knife handy (scissors won't work) to cut your partner out if it gets too tight.

Mikayla

Most EMS/trauma ER's have devices (I don't know what they're called, I'm sorry) that will cut through clothing--and ropes, in the case of we who love being tied up--very well, sort of a plastic card thingy that has a razor blade inside it. Much safer than a knife.

But sometimes I like having a knife nearby. ;)

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Go look at the reply I submitted to the poster asking about knot tying for the www to the supplier I got my book from 8 yrs. ago. I think it was greenerypress.com but if this doesn't get you there I posted to the other with the addy from the book!!!!!