Official Community Forums Home

The President's speech

RC4BLUE

• Members

To all who may not have heard the US President speak today (06/16/2016) in Orlando, I encourage you to listen to the entire speech. In my opinion it was amazing. He took a stand with any and everyone who has been the subject of discrimination. He stood up with and for those who are LGBT+. I have never heard a US President ever make such comments before. I applaud him. I thank him. I hope his comment begin a true change of acceptance and inclusion in this country. 

• Like 1

Where I do applaud his support for the LGBT community, I do find his lack of saying what the attacks were what they really are. Radical Terrorist Acts. And, IMO, the blaming of guns for people's behaviors is getting old. It's like blaming the car for someone driving drunk, or the spoons making people fat, or the pencil for failing a test. Radicals, criminals, and other undesirables won't NOT get a gun because, oh wait, it's against the law!!! They're doing things illegally, what makes anyone think for a second that outlawing them will make a difference. Does the war on drugs not prove this?

Anyway, sorry about that. Rant over. LOL

• Like 3

• Members

This went somewhere I was hoping not to go. I thought it was significant that the US President both acknowledged and asked for acceptance of the LGBT+ population of the USA. The gun debate I understand. I understand it from a very personal perspective. I have had family members killed in the line of duty as police officers, by criminals. I just this morning walked out of jail where I had to interview a criminal who has multiple violent crimes, including the use of a firearm. I see first hand the carnage that assault weapons create. I talk to the criminal who create the carnage. From my perspective there is no reason to have assault weapons available to the general public. These weapons are designed for one thing only, taking the life of other human beings. There is no way a gun seller can know what anyone will do with a weapon they sell. While the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and ethical, there are those that are not. 

But it back to my original point. We in the USA need to show much more compassion for everyone. Sexual orientation or even expression is not a reason for discrimination, hate, or violence. Love is love, is love, is love...

• Like 1

• Review Team

Post Removed

• Like 1

• Members

I am so sorry I started this topic. I intended to celebrate something that is close to my heart as I have many gay, bi, and lesbian friends. To hear the President even make mention of this community was amazing. But apparently everyone is so focused on guns that they forgot what was the real focus here. Apparently gun control, no gun contorl, right to bare arms or not is more important than acceptance, inclusion and love. Love your guns. Hate your guns. I don't give a fuck. My brothers and sisters out there are being killed, assaulted, humiliated and more just because they are LGBT+; and all people can focus on is guns. No more, I am out of this discussion. Carry on if you want to talk about guns. Me I'm done. For all my strait, gay, bi, trans, lesbian friends... Love is love is love, IS LOVE.

• Like 1

• Review Team

I agree love is love is love and I was happy to hear the president say  the positive comments about the LGBT community

I am sorry if my post offended or upset you , it wasn't meant to

I will remove my post and leave my opinions to myself

Sorry

• Members

I appreciate your sensitivity. I also acknowledge you right to your opinion, i8niter. There is no need to take anything done. I just felt like the focus was and is lost. 

Love is love...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 11:59 AM, RC4BLUE said:

But it back to my original point. We in the USA need to show much more compassion for everyone. Sexual orientation or even expression is not a reason for discrimination, hate, or violence. Love is love, is love, is love...

I totally agree with this! :)

I've always been open minded, even before I started swinging for the home team!! LOL

I'm very glad that it's more out there about being LGBT, and becoming a bit more "acceptable" in mainstream. LGBT's aren't shown now in the media as sexual freaks or deviants, and are seen more as responsible members of society, that aren't out there to molest anyone or turn you towards the devil.

Yes, I agree that more people that are in charge, are role models, and have more clout in government should be openly encouraging of LGBT. Times are changing. I can understand why the previous Presidents couldn't or wouldn't promote acceptance with it, due to the times, how it would have been perceived, and the political climate. Understanding and accepting are 2 different things.

Also, the fact that this nation is predominantly Christian, and many Christians, especially 10 years ago, aren't as accepting of LGBT due to misconceptions. More and more people are Coming Out, and so more people KNOW people that are LGBT, and so they can see how people of that REALLY are. The stigmas of being LGBT are lessening, and all of the positiveness people can put out there is going to help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Members

The only gun control I'd ever support is using BOTH HANDS for proper control.

The only thing I wanna hear the occupier of 1700 Penn Ave say is I quit. But with just about 26 days to the Election yet to go one thing is for sure. I don't want that idiot Shotgun Joe taking the helm. However I'd love to see Hillary take her cell in a super max prison for the rest of her life starting TODAY.

Those that are LGBT that are concerned for their personal safety should get some training and range time and rent some handguns to find out what they can shoot and hit COM with. Then get that CC permit and Always Carry Never Tell 24/7. A real good website for everything one needs is personaldefenseforum.com . Another great website for gun laws in all 50 states is handgunlaw.us . Two guys run this site and keep abreast of recent law changes much better than many states do.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Obama has been talking inclusion most of his term. Early on he was pushing for equal rights legally, access to insurance and all rights for gays in a civil union. Then the states dropped like flies granting marriage rights. That amazed me. The new president , Mr. Trump, made me realize I was for inclusion in every aspect. Unfortunately he made me  realize it by his attempts of exclusion. I love you all. Straight, gay, black, white, yellow, all different religions, and especially the Native Americans who are the only ones that are not imported.

Pease Out!

One last thought on the pissing contest about the term. Radical Islamic Terrorism.   The terrorists are less than fifty ten thousandth of one percent. We do not need to condem  the entire religion of 1.5 billion.

Sorry I crossed into politics,Not what we are here for.

Edited by tiedupnaked33
An afterthought

• 3 months later...
On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 11:59 AM, RC4BLUE said:

This went somewhere I was hoping not to go. I thought it was significant that the US President both acknowledged and asked for acceptance of the LGBT+ population of the USA. The gun debate I understand. I understand it from a very personal perspective. I have had family members killed in the line of duty as police officers, by criminals. I just this morning walked out of jail where I had to interview a criminal who has multiple violent crimes, including the use of a firearm. I see first hand the carnage that assault weapons create. I talk to the criminal who create the carnage. From my perspective there is no reason to have assault weapons available to the general public. These weapons are designed for one thing only, taking the life of other human beings. There is no way a gun seller can know what anyone will do with a weapon they sell. While the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and ethical, there are those that are not. 

I agree wholeheartedly.....love is love. Trump's lack of acknowledgement for the LGBT community, and passive-ness scares me.