Official Community Forums Home

Experts Say Men Score Higher In Libido...

chloegirl

Who has the higher sex drive in your relationship?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which partner wants sex more often?

• male
    • female
    • equal
  2. 2. Which partner initiates sex more often?

• male
    • female
    • equal
  3. 3. Which partner is more apt to bring up or try new things in your sexual play?

• male
    • female
    • equal

• Members

Seems like we're always hearing this and while I agree that alot of it depends on what phase of life a woman is going thru (for instance having young children who are active in everything will pretty much absorb all her time, thought, and energy for awhile) I think it's way off to say that as a blanket statement. Most women who are healthy both physically and emotionally will find they have a healthy if not ravenous sexual appetite if they just allow themselves to experience it. Unfortunately it seems that in most relationships the drives are not balanced so one person is going to do with less than they would like. In your relationship which partner has the higher sex drive? Male or female?

Read this article:

http://www.webmd.com/sex/features/sex-driv...n-women-compare

• Members

Excellent article Chloe.

For some reason your pole wouldn't let me vote.

I agree sex drives aren't always balanced in my own, it flip flops. When the kids were little, I had less of a sex drive, and my husband had a very high libido, now it's the reverse.

• Members

There's only one thing I take issue with in that article, and it's not surprising, as it's authored by someone in the main medical establishment.

And that is that testosterone can indeed completely revolutionize a woman's sex drive without endangering her health, as long as it's given based on labs, and bio-identical forms are used.

I always had a really high drive. But after my surgical menopause at age 46, and with 3 yrs of anti-depressants, along with serious marriage issues, it dropped to almost nothing most of the time. I missed it SO much. Once my marriage got headed back in the right direction, and I began taking more interest in my own health issues and learned that it isn't necessary for women to just accept the waning libido of age (and menopause), things really turned around for me, and for us. I read Suzanne Sommer's book "Ageless" and found a local doctor who does just bio-identical hormone replacement for men and women.

I feel like I'm 20 again, sexually. At a time in life when most women might be just giving up, I'm enjoying sex more than I ever have. I feel sorry for my friends who talk about how dismal their sex lives have gotten.

And surprisingly enough, it's revolutionized my marriage in every other way - whoda thunk it after 20 yrs?

Not that I think the ladies (or men) hanging around here have problems like this, but if you know someone who does, you might share this link with her: http://www.hormonebalance.org/. This is my doctor and she's fabulous.

• Members
There's only one thing I take issue with in that article, and it's not surprising, as it's authored by someone in the main medical establishment.

And that is that testosterone can indeed completely revolutionize a woman's sex drive without endangering her health, as long as it's given based on labs, and bio-identical forms are used.

I always had a really high drive. But after my surgical menopause at age 46, and with 3 yrs of anti-depressants, along with serious marriage issues, it dropped to almost nothing most of the time. I missed it SO much. Once my marriage got headed back in the right direction, and I began taking more interest in my own health issues and learned that it isn't necessary for women to just accept the waning libido of age (and menopause), things really turned around for me, and for us. I read Suzanne Sommer's book "Ageless" and found a local doctor who does just bio-identical hormone replacement for men and women.

I feel like I'm 20 again, sexually. At a time in life when most women might be just giving up, I'm enjoying sex more than I ever have. I feel sorry for my friends who talk about how dismal their sex lives have gotten.

And surprisingly enough, it's revolutionized my marriage in every other way - whoda thunk it after 20 yrs?

Not that I think the ladies (or men) hanging around here have problems like this, but if you know someone who does, you might share this link with her: http://www.hormonebalance.org/. This is my doctor and she's fabulous.

I've been hearing alot of hype about testosterone and bio-identical hormones. Tell me have you experienced any adverse or ill effects?

• Members

The only "adverse" effect so far have been my skin being a bit oilier, and some skin breakouts, but nothing really remarkable. I just went back to using some Burts Bees Blemish lotion on them when they happen.

I have a bit more peachfuzz on my top lip, too, but again, very easy to handle.

All in all, having the pellet (and using the compounded cream) have taken me back to being about 20 years old again libido-wise and side effect wise. The oily skin is a bonus at my age. Nobody ever believes I'm my chronological age.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I read that article a long time ago, and don't agree with it. Since women are conditioned to not be open about our sex drives, it's hard to tell. Some of my kinkiest female friends are the ones who portray themselves as having no sexual interest to the general public. Men, on the other hand, get judged negatively if they say their sex drive is low.

This may offend some people, but if it's written by a man....I think some men want to feel that they have a higher drive to feel masculine, or rationalize any rejections from women.

• Members

There is always a high desire and low desire partner, and these are relative positions in coupled relationships. Fully 50% of the low desire partners seen in couples counseling re male.

It's funny... I used to be the lower desire partner... Lots of reasons affected me. Now I fully feel we are equal and even sometimes I think he struggles to keep up! :)